Transactions not showing in reconciliation

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Entries on my check register are not visible on the reconciliation page.

Comments

• Jim Reinis
    Jim Reinis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Let's get real - I have used Quicken for decades and this is always a problem.
    Recently - I had two transactions in two separate accounts that would not show up in the reconciliation,
    I tried file validation - no luck, I tried super validation -no luck.
    So I copied and pasted the transactions - the past was with the date advanced one day. Then I deleted the original and moved the copy to the correct date. That fixed both.
    If all the hoo hah about other causes was true for someone else - bless them - but this has been a quicken bug forever and it remains one. It is some type of corruption of the flags used to populate the reconciliation report. The transactions themselves - same same same same same for decades.
    Last January (2020) you finally beat me - and I started a brnad new file thinking naively that the new smaller and pristine file would be subject to fewer bugs. LOL.
    I cannot figure out why the issue here happens - items not populating the recon report. And it is an enormous annoyance. It is only because I have accounting expertise that this doesn't derail me. But it needs to be reviewed and fixed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last January (2020) you finally beat me - and I started a brnad new file thinking naively that the new smaller and pristine file would be subject to fewer bugs. LOL.
    And that is why the SuperUsers recommend a new data file only as the absolute last possibility when nothing else will work.

Are the accounts having problems Express Web Connect?
    If you use Update now from the account, does that resolve problem?
    If so I think this might apply:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20177103/#Comment_20177103
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also suggest anyone having this problem submit a problem report so that developers get the logs.  Hopefully they can figure out what is going wrong.  Help -> Submit a problem
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my experience, the downloaded online balance and date are not reliable.  If you aren't already, I suggest reconciling using a statement obtained from the financial institution instead of the online balance and date.

I suspect the posted date for the two transactions was beyond the reconciliation date and the transaction date of one of the transactions was beyond the reconciliation date.  Note: The pasted transaction would not have a posted date.  

If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?
This discussion has been closed.