Investment accounts are not syncing properly between Quicken and Quicken.com.

Earlier this week, I notified support of the issue where latest version of Quicken Premier and Quicken.com (Mobile App, as well) are not syncing my investment holdings. I've seen others that have a similar issue - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20175759#Comment_20175759

But, Quicken support hasn't indicated any further action on the concern is taking place.

Also, every time I log into Quicken.com the balances for all of my accounts seem way off. Something is wrong with Quicken.com.

This has been going for weeks. Does Quicken support recognize there is a problem?!?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @spratleywa

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like we may need to reset the cloud to see if we're able to get back on the right track for your mobile accounts. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID. 
    Once you've had chance to do this see if it works on getting your transactions showing accurately. If not we'll see what we can try next as well.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    Greatly appreciate the feedback, but I have reset and sync'd my cloud data about a dozen times this week using the guidance you have provided, and it has not worked.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @spratleywa

Thanks for the update and letting us know you've also tried this as well. Next thing we're able to attempt is to see if we might able to fix the issue by deleting the dataset and remaking it. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Note you'll need to be on a different file in order to delete the dataset.

Once you get the chance let us know if you're able to get it open and working properly.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the guidance, do appreciate it. But had already executed that solution twice prior to my post without any luck.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @spratleywa

Thanks for the update. Interesting that didn't work either. I'm wondering here if your program update to date? The next thing we can attempt is make sure your program is up to date. Afterwards we'll want to go to the mobile and web tab then turn sync off for the affected account.

From there reset the account again. Once it's been reset make sure that it's not showing up on the mobile side. Once you've done that go ahead and on the desktop select the account again to sync. Make sure you sync it and check again on the mobile application.

Once you've done this see if we're able to get the correct amounts. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry, that did not fix the problem.

Note, the primary issue is with my investment accounts and the holdings (ETFs, mutual funds, etc) are not syncing to Mobile & Web and/or some brokerage cash balances are not correct exact, but a side related issue is the inconsistent, but persistent issue of my checking and savings account balances not being correct.

Case in point, after I followed you latest guidance, in addition to my investment accounts being incorrect, my checking and savings account balances were way off. But, I then reset my cloud data again and while the investment accounts still don't match, the checking and savings accounts matched. But, I don't believe resetting my cloud data fixed it, per se, because I've seen it previously, where I log in, the checking and savings don't match (way off) and then next login they magically match.

In case of the Quicken application being up to date, I am a neurotic about updating. I keep every application, app, device that I use up to date to the split second. I ain't joking. :-)
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    One of other oddity of note that implies something is broke. When I initiate a One Step Update, the first time after opening my data file, I inconsistently, but persistently, see at the top of the dialog box a banner notification indicating that a "one time" update to your "improved" cloud service is being conducted and may take several minutes (btw, it doesn't). Welp, if it's a "one time" update and it's "improved", then why does it keep occurring?
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    One more update. Went through the process of File > File Operations > Copy to create and use a new file, including resyncing my cloud data with that file. That appears to have resolved my issue.
This discussion has been closed.