Bank Downloads Deleting Categories

I have had a couple of instances when downloading bank transactions using direct or web express where categories are being arbitrarily deleted. I'm finding this due to auto reconciliation identifying huge discrepancies in Quicken balance vs bank balance. This happened in Bank of America (2 accounts) and Chase credit card. It is a recent issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? Categories are being deleted up to several months back and making a mess of the register and difficult trying to recreate transfers vs categories.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @tkstaple

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if it's the downloads or potentially the mobile sync as well. Does this happen each time you update or is it at random? Have you tried any previous troubleshooting steps a well? How long has this been happening?

Once you get a chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do to fix the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Like @Quicken Francisco if used I would suspect sync to Mobile/Web, but the reason I'm posting is to point out that automatic reconcile knows nothing about categories, only transactions/balances/reconciled state.  So if you are detecting the problem during a reconcile, more than your categories are getting messed up.  Which again sounds like the kinds things problems sync to Mobile/Web does.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your comments. I just ran a report on categories and there are several more than I had originally thought that had been deleted. It seems to be recent. The reconciling brought it to light since I transfer between several accounts which categories deleted will change the running balances. I've turned off the mobile sync feature. If that's what it is Quicken should really be doing something about it. What a mess it's created. So it basically unusable and appears to be a known issue. I wish they would fix it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yes a transfer “category” changed, that would do it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.