Quicken will not connect to my Bank Account using Robo Form passwords

Options
On my Quicken 2019 when I use the the "Update Accounts" icon I get the "One Step Update settings". On the bottom I have my Robo Form showing:
Fidelity (1) and a dropdown menu showing E*Trade.
When I click on RoboForm for the E*Trade and hit Apply, it shows in red "an error has occurred". It then takes me to a screen and asks if I changed a password. I said YES and put in the new password. It comes back as "Sorry, Quicken can not connect with this password".
This is the correct password I entered. I can login to E*Trade on their website with no problem using the RoboForm feature.
I have used the above for years with no problem. It now happens (I think) because I change password on E*Trade a few days ago. Prior to this problem I have been using RoboForm program to "Update Accounts" with no problem.
Please Help.
FYI, I changed password at Fidelity and no problems there.

Thanks,
Tony

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @The Commish,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about our issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Before you begin troubleshooting, I recommend that you please save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, to start with, please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now).

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect using the new password to sign in. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please provide the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

Note: Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • The Commish
    The Commish Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks........with your help I figured it out!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    @The Commish Thanks for the update! Glad to hear all is well now. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks........with your help I figured it out!
    What was the solution for the next person that might have this issue?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.