PNC

Here we go again. All my PNC accounts are down again (cc-502).

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~

Answers

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had to add a new PNC account and then it started working again (tried resetting but that didn't work).

• Alan R
    Alan R Member
    Unable to connect to PNC accounts for months both Direct Connect and Web Connect. No error code, just won't download accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Alan R

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Tyka,
    Did what you recommended. It made things worse.
    I have 5 accounts with PNC, under 2 different names. The last few days I was getting the cc-502 with the name, but it updated the account under the other name. Since changing users and logging back, now all the accounts at PNC give the cc-502 error.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results. Next, I would recommend following the steps outlined here.

This article does state it is for CC-800, these are still the next steps to take to resolve the issue. We are experiencing an issue currently, where CC-800 errors are being returned as CC-502. 

Please let me know how the steps go and if they work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tyka,
    Thanks for your help. I'll try that again when I get some spare time.
    Over the last 6-8 months, I have done the "cc-800" fix at least 10-12 times. It's always PNC that does this. None of my other 20+ accounts have ever done this.
    Why? Why is it always PNC? Is there something I am doing on my end causing this?
    Thanks
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tyka,
    PNC again.
    PNC was working for 2 days, now it's broken again.
  • Chris Allen
    Chris Allen Member
    CC-502 back for PNC. Multiple attempts using 2 party verification. Quicken connects w/ bank, starts processing data, then goes gray, and aborts giving me the CC-502. Is PNC up? I haven't been able to update PNC into Quicken since 4/20/2020 - a year! Are we going to straighten this out or am I going to be downloading PNC into spreadsheets again, like we did 20 years ago?
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    2 of my PNC accounts updated this morning, but the other 3 accounts still giving me a CC-502. This has been an ongoing problem with PNC for many months. There have been several "fixes" posted, sometimes they work and other times it was a waste of time.
    Can't we find out why this happens? Is it Quicken? Is it PNC?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    PNC is downloading data again. I did nothing on my end. Why has this been happening on a regular basis for the last 6-8 months?
    As far as contacting support:
    The last time I went through support (last year) for this same problem I was on the phone at least once every day for 2 weeks and they never fixed it. Then after 2 more weeks of doing nothing, it started working again.
  • eriddington24
    eriddington24 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I followed instructions to de-activate/re-activate multiple times. Continue to get error message CC-800 "needs your attention" but if I press the "Fix It" button then "Update Now" I get "success". Followed instructions to address error CC-800. Issue still not resolved. Previously in most of 2020 I was unable to get any update for PNC account and the de-activate/re-activate got me to this point of repeated CC-800 errors.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    What can I say other than that sometimes PNC works and at other times it doesn't. None of the suggestions seemed to fix it. After having this problem for over a year I have yet to hear why this is happening. There must be a reason?
  • ladysandee1022
    ladysandee1022 Member ✭✭
    Have the problems with PNC Express Connect been fixed or not yet? I contacted support several times and supposedly it was upgraded to high priority. I never got any notice of the progress nor notice that it had been fixed. I was told several months ago that I would be getting a discount on my next renewal, but I didn't get that either! I have been Exporting for numerous months now and am getting tired of the fact that Quicken cannot report that the issues have been fixed, or won't report a status report to us. It doesn't seem that they care about problems, but they sure know how to take the money for the renewal, even though it was promised to be hugely discounted because of all the problems with PNC and the many months of no action on their part to fix the PNC Bank download issues.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    For me, PNC has been working properly for the last few weeks. I didn't do anything to "fix" it. It just started working again. Still don't understand why Quicken can give us an explanation or tell us what to do when it happens the next time, rather than waiting for weeks to it to fix itself.
This discussion has been closed.