Mortgage and line of credit aren't showing as debts

Options
Brendy
Brendy Member
I imported my mortgage and secured line of credit accounts from BMO. The balances are showing up under the Property and Debt as positive amounts instead of debts. The BMO account shows the balance of the line of credit as $40,000. I wonder if Quicken is interpreting this as a credit of $40K as opposed to a debt of $40K.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Brendy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That's interesting I'm wondering what exactly is causing the issue to be flipping into the opposite. Did you download your account directly through Quicken or did you import it from a file?  Once we have a bit more information here we'll see what we can do to fix the issue you're having. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Brendy
    Brendy Member
    Options
    Thank you. I added the accounts by linking them with my Quicken account, so it came in automatically. Additional information I can provide is that my car loan, which is through TD, is showing as a proper debt (i.e. negative amount), proving that it's not a larger problem with the Property & Debt section. To summarize, in my BMO account the mortgage balance is $650K and the LoC balance is $40K. In my TD account, my car loan balance is $18K. In Quicken, the BMO accounts are showing up under Property & Debts as a total of $690K, the car loan as -$18K, for a total of a positive balance of $672K, whereas it should be -$708K.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Brendy

Thank you for the response and the additional details. At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to be able to view the issue in real-time to offer further assistance.

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.