data file. What does that mean?

jdmeler
jdmeler Member ✭✭
:'( Quicken is telling me I Need to find a data file. Where do I look?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Quicken used to refer to a Quicken file as a data file.  There are a few ways to locate existing Quicken files.  One way is to select File > Find Quicken Files....
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Your data files end in .qdf   They should be in your Documents in a Quicken folder.  Have you been using Quicken before or are you starting new?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jdmeler
    jdmeler Member ✭✭
    I've had Quicken many years and never had problems until the last month. Such as, my bank's information won't down load, one credit card will not download. Then yesterday, I received the message to open my data file and download it. Then I got a message it was time to buy the new 2021 version of Quicken, so I did. It was downloading when I went to bed. Hopefully, when I open Quicken this AM, all will work. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jdmeler

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Are you still experiencing this trouble or were you able to locate your file?

Please let us know where you are at with this issue so we can help you get this resolved!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jdmeler
    jdmeler Member ✭✭
    Thank you for following up about my question. I downloaded Quicken 2021 and that has cured all my problems.
This discussion has been closed.