R33.19 - missing downloaded & accepted transactions

Options
James102
James102 Member ✭✭
I updated this software and updated my FI's in One Step Update. The program showed download to one FI (Peoples United Bank Connecticut) and displayed two new transactions. This appeared correct as I was expecting the transactions. I accepted all and opened the account in question. The transactions did not appear. When I read the notes on the update it appeared that this update was improving the download aggregation. It stated that this update was only for "new" quicken accounts. Since I have been a Quicken customer for many years this should not apply to me???
Now that I have accepted the download of the update will my OSU work correctly. I have been working with Premium Support to fix problems in this area and only yesterday was able to resolve most problems downloading. See ticket 8558858 for more info on this.
I question the wisdom of issuing an update that does not apply to all users. Quicken has had many issues in this area and it tends to impact the confidence in the program
Jim Ford, Connecticut

Best Answer

Answers

• James102
    James102 Member ✭✭
    Options
    See above
    Jim Ford, Connecticut
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That comment you saw in the release notes does seem strange.  I would also like a clarification of what it means.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2021
    Options
    What is the build number of the update shown in Help>About Quicken?  The release notes sound like this may be a staged release built from a testing program which by agreement cannot be named.

Adding- That's exactly what they did.  Windows R33.xx Release — Quicken
  • The Big Apple
    The Big Apple Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I was briefly offered build 27.1.33.19 as an upgrade to my existing version. I believe it did make reference to a new method of aggregation but I believe it was only for new 'files'. If you click on Help > Release Notes you should be able to see the exact wording.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that they have put up the announcement with the release notes, it does make sense to me:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7893464/windows-r33-xx-release

"New: Quicken is working with our data aggregator to improve the way we download information from your financial institutions. For this release, these changes will only apply to new data files. Later this year we will bring these improvements to your existing data files"

I take it to mean they are doing it as a "staged release" to limit the number of people that would be affected if it doesn't work right.  Not having the fix might be frustrating, but so would a "fix" that breaks more things.
    Signature:
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Do others experience this with the update?

Issues Discovered When Using Old & New data files with the latest build-

1. When switching between old and new data files a user is always prompted with the Quicken ID/PW window and required to enter the Quicken Password.

2. When using this build with an old data file, OSU always prompts the user with the OSU Settings window after entering the Vault Password.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No I'm not seeing either of these.  For #1 I created a new data file with a new manual entry account and switched back and forth.  No prompting for my Quicken Id/password.  Did the same with adding some Direct Connect accounts, no change.  And finally with on Express Web Connect account, no change.

For #2 not seeing that, and note as stated in the release notes, the Windows alert sound is no longer happening when I select Update Now on the Enter Password or One Step Update settings dialog.
    Signature:
  • James102
    James102 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi all, I offer the following clarifications.
    1. I did not intentionally create a new file. I just wanted to download to my current file and did not intend to use a new file.
    2. The files scanned and downloaded pending transactions for one account and upon selecting that account it showed two recent transactions I was expecting.
    3. I accepted all and assumed they had downloaded.
    4. When I looked at the transaction record for that account I could not find the transactions. I went back to the account in question and tried to update it again. The two records did not appear again.

I'm assuming that the account was now recognized as old and downloads not allowed. Sending a mod for the software that is still beta should require more notice to the user. Wondering if the latest update can be undone?
    Jim Ford, Connecticut
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    RE: "Wondering if the latest update can be undone?"
    Yes it can be undone.  Download the R32.12 mondo patch from the link below and install it; it will override the new one. (download it ASAP before it is replaced). 
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr