Can't upload transactions from Chase for one of my accounts.

I have been a Quicken user for years and upload my transactions from Chase bank directly. This work fine for all except one account. I've even tried uploading directly using a QFX file. Help!! Tax time

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• Praisesmith8
    Praisesmith8 Member
    Quicken 2018 Home, Business with yearly subscription. Windows 10. No error codes. All other accounts upload perfectly. Missing a block of dates for single business account. Went on Chase and exported missing transactions, saved on computer as QFX files. Tried uploading into Quicken and nothing happens. Happens with One Step. I don't use Quicken Mobile App
  • Praisesmith8
    Praisesmith8 Member
    I backed up the Quicken account and just now Uninstalled the program. It is currently reinstalling and updating. Another comment seemed to indicate this fixed the problem for them
  • Praisesmith8
    Praisesmith8 Member
    That did not fix the problem.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Praisesmith8 said: I have been a Quicken user for years and upload my transactions from Chase bank directly.
    just to clarify some terminology....  
    Since you are manually handling your Chase transactions..... not sure why you are not using One Step Update...
    1 - you EXPORT or download transactions from Chase website.
    2 - then IMPORT the QFX file of transactions into Quicken program ....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Praisesmith8
    Praisesmith8 Member
    I am using One Step Update. That works perfectly for all on my bank accounts except my main business account. I'm missing transactions for part of the year and can't upload them. I've tried manually uploading them and can save the file to my computer but when I try uploading into Quicken my account flashes several times b ut nothing changes and the transaction are not there.
  • Will K.
    Will K. Member
    I am having this exact same problem, right now. Chase thinks it's exporting transactions; Quicken thinks it's importing them. It'll even give a little progress bar, processing x/1400 transactions. And then they don't show up in the account.
  • Will K.
    Will K. Member
    Ok, I figured out a fix, for anyone reading this later.

It sucks, but I ended up doing a .CSV import and using a 3rd Party .CSV -> QFX converter. The particular one I used is "Transactions," which cost $40. Not happy about that, but it's hell of a lot better than inputting by hand.

Some best practices:
    1. Make sure you have the appropriate output selected on the right. (QFX)
    2. Click the "review mapping" button to make sure the "Description" maps to the "Payee" field. Otherwise you won't know where the transaction came from.
    3. On the right next to Bank INTU.BID, click "Lookup." Select any bank that allows imports; doesn't matter which.
    4. Convert the file.
    5. Drag it into your Quicken. Create a new account with whatever temporary name you want.
    6. Go into this new account, verify everything imported and looks correct.
    7. Highlight the transactions, and drag them into the appropriate account.

That's what worked for me. Hope this helps someone.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Praisesmith8 said: I have been a Quicken user for years and upload my transactions from Chase bank directly.
    Just to clear up some basic terminology...
    Uploading .... when you are SENDING something to a remote service or website
    Downloading ... when you are RECEIVING something from a remote service or website
    Importing ... when you are inputting a file on your local computer to a program on your local computer
    Exporting ... when you are outputting a file onto your local computer - from either a remote server or a local program

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.