Why can't I import transactions from CSV files?!?

Options
BEFORE EVERYONE TELLS ME THIS CAN'T BE DONE: Yes yes, I know, I've read the bootlickers' replies to previous questions of this type, some going so far as to suggest PAYING CUSTOMERS should switch to a different bank that supports QFX exports of transactions for use with Quicken. GUESS WHAT? I don't have the option to change the Health Savings Account provider selected by my employer, and I'm not going to dump the bank I've had for 20+ years to make Quicken happy.

I am a software developer, and I have developed not one tool, not two tools, but AN ENTIRE SUITE OF TOOLS that can import data from CSV files for use in various contexts. I built a single reusable window that imports the first 10 rows of the CSV file as a sample, asks the user to select the columns that contain the data to be imported, and then imports the entire file based on the selected columns. IT'S NOT THAT HARD! "Select the column containing the Payee Names", "Select the column containing the Transaction Dates", "Select the column containing the Transaction Amounts", etc.

[Removed - Language/Disruptive/Rant]

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

This post has deteriorated, become argumentative, and is now closed for further discussion.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @"fyrstormer ,

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

You have complained, but you have not posted information on the Quicken program Version, you are running.

Have you investigated "
    ImportQIF - 6.0.3.0  Release Notes Windows only product." It is free.
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @fyrstormer Congratulations on your software development, nothing new, something lots of others have done, nothing knew and some give it away free.
    Why doesn't Quicken do it, my guess is that they simply just don't want to.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• fyrstormer
    fyrstormer Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @"fyrstormer ,
    >
    > See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet
    >
    > You have complained, but you have not posted information on the Quicken program Version, you are running.
    >
    > Have you investigated "ImportQIF - 6.0.3.0  Release Notes Windows only product." It is free.
    > http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Quicken Deluxe subscription, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't actually matter, because all other discussions I've seen about this topic have ended with "Quicken isn't going to give you what you want even though you're paying them", whereas I assume if CSV import were a premium feature then it would be advertised as such.
  • fyrstormer
    fyrstormer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    [Removed - Disruptive]
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @splasher said:
    > @fyrstormer Congratulations on your software development, nothing new, something lots of others have done, nothing knew and some give it away free.Why doesn't Quicken do it, my guess is that they simply just don't want to.

This is in no way a helpful comment. If you're okay with paying Quicken to refuse to deliver useful features because they "just don't want to", then I'll PM you my PayPal address and you can start paying me to not deliver useful features too.
    That is like boycotting McDonalds because they don't serve Prime Rib or Fettuccini Alfredo.  It is the choice of a business to decide what & which features they provide, if you aren't happy with those choices, then select a different business to patronize.

• fyrstormer
    fyrstormer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess the same could be said about you when it comes to trolling.  You asked a question, I supplied an answer.
    "Why doesn't Quicken do it, my guess is that they simply just don't want to."
    You are the one that got uppitty with your response about paying you.
    Good bye, enjoy your day.

• fyrstormer
    fyrstormer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

This post has deteriorated, become argumentative, and is now closed for further discussion.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.