Reconciling Bank Statement

Options
I am trying to reconcile my monthly bank statement where a majority of the transactions had been downloaded from my bank. I have several transactions that are noted as cleared; however, when reconciling these several transactions do not display and as a result the total of these items represent the dollar amount variance of cleared transactions versus the ending balance. If I finish reconciling, Quicken will make an adjustment for the difference between cleared transactions versus ending monthly balance. How can I resolve?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jtbaptista

A couple of questions:

Are you reconciling to a paper statement or an online balance?

You said "I have several transactions that are noted as cleared; however, when reconciling these several transactions do not display..." - can you explain where these "do not display" - is it in the reconciliation window?

What date are you reconciling to?  How does that date compare to the date that those "several transactions" cleared the bank?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jtbaptista
    jtbaptista Member
    Options
    Paper statement. These items do not display in the reconciliation window. The month of March 2021. The missing transactions are within the month of March.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One more question - for the transactions which do not appear in the reconciliation window, what appears in the "Clr" column of the register?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jtbaptista
    jtbaptista Member
    Options
    A "c" appears on the register.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @jtbaptista

It seems to me that those transactions should be appearing in the Reconcile window based on everything you've said.  I believe that there is a "work around" for this issue but I wonder whether there could actually be a problem with your data file that could be causing this issue.  If this is not the first time this has happened, I would suggest that you do some data file troubleshooting - here a LINK for that.

The workaround would be to first delete those transactions in the register, and re-enter them with the exact same information.  Then go through the reconcile process again and they should show up there.

Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest turning on the Downloaded posting date column and make sure the dates are older or equal to the one you are using in your reconcile.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/