R33.19 One Step Update Progress Window Disappears Mid-Update

joecg
joecg Member ✭✭✭
Quicken Premier Windows 10 Enterprise R33.19

Since applying the software update a few days ago, the "One Step Update Progress" is disappearing in the middle of an update.

I have 17 logins that connect and download in an update batch. About 20 seconds into the routine, the Update Progress window disappears and the main Quicken window returns to focus, no longer greyed out. You can see the circle in the top toolbar button still spinning, so you know something is happening. But the Progress window is nowhere to be found. It didn't drop to the background; it disappeared entirely. And the toolbar icon stops spinning too after another 20 seconds.

A minute or so passes, and eventually the Navy Federal window pops up asking where I want my code to be sent. So it's still doing its thing, just weird that the window is disappearing. After a few minutes total, which is how long it takes normally, the final Update Summary window does eventually show up.

I see that others have described problems where the updates are taking forever. I'm thankful that's not the case for me; I've experienced that before. But I didn't see that anyone has reported this experience.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @joecg

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if the update might have missed something causing the update to be a bit slower than you had it previously. Are you noticing anything else that might also be popping up causing the issue? Are there any accounts that are showing updated but not downloading information? In any case I'll leave the mondo patch down below so we're able to try updating the program again to see if that may help with the issue we're having.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if it helps. If not let us know any additional information and we'll see what we can attempt.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Paul Schubert
    Paul Schubert Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue since the 33.19 update. I have also noticed that flags do not immediately clear after an account Reconcile. They do clear after a subsequent reconcile the next day.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Paul Schubert

Thanks for letting us know you're having a couple issues as well. By chance have you tried to see if the Mondo patch helps at all from the previous post? With this being a new issues from the recent update I'd recommend trying to see if we're able to potentially fix the issue by installing the Mondo patch. You can see my previous post above for more steps as well. 

Let us know if you've already attempted the Mondo patch or if you do install it how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the exact same issue as @joecg. Same update. Same symptoms. I did try applying the Mondo patch and it did not solve the problem.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    I should add to my previous post that the issue occurs with one particular account (PayPal) and the correct info is not downloaded from PayPal, even after the download appears to be complete. And I have "reset" the PayPal account.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our teams have been working on a fix that may resolve this behavior.  If you are willing to try, please download and install the Mondo Patch available here.

Once updated, please reply here and let us know if the patch resolves this issue or if it persists.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello All,

As I mentioned in my comment, I had downloaded the Mondo patch based on previous advice in this thread from Quicken Francisco. I can't speak for anyone else but it did not fix my issues.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @dondgc

My apologies for the confusion, but the patch provided above is actually a different version than the one previously provided by @Quicken Francisco and contains the newly created fix our teams have been working on.

Hope this helps to clarify,

Sarah
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @dondgc
    >
    > My apologies for the confusion, but the patch provided above is actually a different version than the one previously provided by @Quicken Francisco and contains the newly created fix our teams have been working on.
    >
    > Hope this helps to clarify,
    >
    > Sarah

Ok I will give it a shot and report back shortly.

Don
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Our teams have been working on a fix that may resolve this behavior.  If you are willing to try, please download and install the Mondo Patch available here.
    >
    @Quicken Sarah - There is no difference in behavior. The status screen stays active until it begins checking the PayPal account (after several others). Then the status screen disappears. But some indications of activity occasionally appear on the screen and if I try to close Quicken, I get a pop-saying "A one step update is in progress."

Sorry to report that...also, I have reset the PayPal account twice.

Don
  • jrieck1
    jrieck1 Member ✭✭
    I installed the new mondo patch and Quicken seemed to have completed the one-step update successfully. I'll check over the next few days to see if new account activity is updated in my accounts
    Thank you
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    So tonight I was able to sync my latest transactions. I installed the latest Mondo patch; reset the Paypal account (multiple times); turned off syncing for all accounts - none of these seemed to help. Then I deleted the existing cloud sync files. That seems to be the step that cleared things up. I will respond back here as soon as I get another PayPal transaction and confirm if the fix is permanent.
  • tswhitewater
    tswhitewater Member
    I have exactly the same issue, update progress screen disappears during the update
  • Pablo_New
    Pablo_New Member
    I applied the patch listed in this thread which specifically lists a fix for this issue (looping/disappearing one-step update), and the problem still persists. My version is 33.21 build 27.1.33.21.
  • vpiccoli
    vpiccoli Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue/symptoms and have applied the newer Mondo patch as directed. The problem is still happening. The One-Step Update Progress window disappears mid-update, The update eventually completes (but it seems to take much longer) even though you don't have any visual clues that it continues.
  • Alex12345
    Alex12345 Member
    Having same issue, the latest patch mentioned above made no difference in the behavior. Please fix, this is the only reason people are paying for this service (which is bs by the way) and now you achieved to break it.
  • joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    @dondgc mentioned PayPal, and I happened to have it in my one-step update as well. So I removed PayPal from my one-step update list, and applied the mondo patch here https://bit.ly/3hszcI3 - but the problem still happens. The window disappears; no change.

Also, I've also noticed that the Summary, when it does eventually show up, doesn't actually list ALL the accounts as actually having been checked/updated. The missing institutions/accounts aren't any listed at the bottom as having a problem either. It's all green checks and circles, but several accounts aren't represented here. Not knowing definitely that they're being checked, I now don't have confidence in this tool in it's current state and am needing to check each one manually.
  • tswhitewater
    tswhitewater Member
    I just updated to R33.22 and I still have exactly the same issue, update progress screen disappears during the update.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah The issue continues. Thoughts? Fixes?
  • Aweisman
    Aweisman Member ✭✭
    R33.22 starts extracting files and then says another program is preventing the update from completing and shuts down.
  • Quicken Sarah
    I just updated to R33.22 and I still have exactly the same issue, update progress screen disappears during the update.
    Hello @tswhitewater

I'm sorry to hear this behavior is persisting after updating to R33.22 and thank you for letting us know.  Does the One Step Update Summary window ever appear after the update progress screen disappears?

Are any of your accounts successfully updated?
    If you go to the Tools menu > One Step Update Summary option, are either of the checkboxes at the bottom selected?

Lastly, do you typically sync your data with the Quicken Cloud to use the Mobile/Web apps?
    If so, and you temporarily uncheck the option to sync with the cloud in the One Step Update Settings window before starting the update - does the progress window still disappear?  Or does the update proceed as expected?

Please let me know, thank you.

dondgc said:
    @Quicken Sarah The issue continues. Thoughts? Fixes?
    @dondgc - thank you for letting me know that the issue persists.  To confirm, have you installed the latest staged release of R33.22?  Or are you on R33.19 or R33.21?  If you aren't sure, please confirm in the Help menu > About Quicken window.

I apologize, but I have the same questions as asked above to @tswhitewater
    Does the One Step Update (OSU) Summary window ever appear?
    Are any of your accounts successfully updated?
    Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom of the OSU Summary window selected?
    Do you typically sync with the Quicken Cloud and if so, does unchecking the sync to cloud option in the OSU Settings window make any difference in the behavior?

Please let me know, thank you.

Aweisman said:
    R33.22 starts extracting files and then says another program is preventing the update from completing and shuts down.
    @Aweisman - I'm sorry to hear you are receiving an error when attempting to install the R33.22 update.

Other Users have reported that they resolved this error by temporarily disabling their anti-virus/security software, as it was blocking the update.  If you haven't already, please try to disable the anti-virus and let us know if you are now able to successfully install the update.

Once installed, are you experiencing the issue with the One Step Update progress window disappearing while updating?

If so, please respond and provide the answers to the same questions asked above to @tswhitewater & @dondgc

Thank you all,

Sarah

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah - Yes I am running the mondo update that you posted a link to.

yes I do sync with the cloud. I unchecked that setting in the update window and it APPEARS that the "update accounts" process proceeded normally. The window did remain open the entire time.

All of my accounts were updated earlier today so I will post tomorrow morning and let you know if all activity gets downloaded properly. There is nothing to download right now.

Thank you for continuing to work with us on this issue.
  • Quicken Sarah
    @dondgc - Thank you for the response and providing those additional details.  Would you mind also going to the Help menu > Report a Problem option?

In the window that opens, please select all of the files listed, with the exception of the sanitized data file copy, and when ready click Send to Quicken.

These files detail the internal communications when updating and syncing accounts with the cloud and will be very helpful to the teams as we further investigate this behavior.

Thanks again,

Sarah
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > @dondgc - Thank you for the response and providing those additional details.  Would you mind also going to the Help menu > Report a Problem option?
    >
    > In the window that opens, please select all of the files listed, with the exception of the sanitized data file copy, and when ready click Send to Quicken.

@Quicken Sarah - I have done this per your request. This morning the window did NOT disappear but I will update this thread over the next few days.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah - So not only had I unchecked the "sync to cloud during update" box, I had removed all of my files from Mobile and Web access. And there was NO PROBLEM as noted above. This morning after a successful sync I decided to try an experiment and reinstated "Mobile and Web access." BAM - the issue returned. So I removed all of my files from Mobile and Web access again - and the problem disappeared.

It seems - in my little one user world - to be independent from whether or not "sync to cloud during update" is selected or not selected. What causes the issue - again, just in my particular case - is enabling the data files for mobile and web access.

I hope this helps. You have certainly helped me, and I look forward to this issue being resolved with a permanent fix.
  • tswhitewater
    tswhitewater Member
    Does the One Step Update (OSU) Summary window ever appear? Yes, the window appears initially, for the first 2 accounts - (both are direct connect) and then disappears. Occasional screen flickers are the only indication it's working.
    Are any of your accounts successfully updated? All of the accounts update, but there is no visual indication that they are updating.
    Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom of the OSU Summary window selected? Yes, The show last update is checked
    Do you typically sync with the Quicken Cloud and if so, does unchecking the sync to cloud option in the OSU Settings window make any difference in the behavior? No, I do not always sync with the cloud, the box is not checked.
  • tswhitewater
    tswhitewater Member
    I have also sent the files to Quicken.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @dondgc & @tswhitewater

Thank you both so much for providing those additional details and submitting the requested log files.  With this information I have opened a ticket with our Product teams to investigate this matter further and will be back to share any updates and/or a resolution as I receive them.

In the meantime, if there are any other affected Users who would like to add their information to the open investigation, please also go the Help menu > Report a Problem option.

In the window that opens, select the listed log files, enter "Attn: CTP-2149" in the subject line and click Send to Quicken.

You will not receive a response for this submission, but the provided log files will be added to the ticket to assist our teams in finding the root cause and resolution for this as quickly as possible.

Thank you again,

Sarah

(
    CTP-2149)
  • Frank15
    Frank15 Member ✭✭
    OK same problem, I sent report Attn: CTP-2149
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah Today's update seems to have fixed the issue. Perhaps some others in this thread will weigh in with confirmation...or with different experiences.
This discussion has been closed.