Make a way to stop asking to update every time I open Quicken.

smali
smali Member ✭✭
How do I get Quicken to stop asking me to update to 5.14.x?

I want to wait until the memos are included in quick fill and I am tired of being asked to update every time I open Quicken.

How about a "skip this version" or "don't ask again for a week/month" checkbox instead of just "Remind Me Later"?

I'm tired of having to click and then confirm "Remind Me Later" every single time I want to just check something in my Quicken file real fast, which I sometimes do many times each day.
---------
Be sure to click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count in the blue banner (below), so your vote will count for THIS feature (it may take a moment for your vote to register).

(If the triangle is a solid black, your vote has been registered.)

Your VOTES matter!

Tagged:
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team
    -Quicken Anja
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    For people who have decided for any number of reasons to delay installing an available update, it would be helpful to have a way to dismiss the new update message on every launch for a period of time. This seems like a worthwhile idea. (Although I typically install Quicken updates fairly soon after release, but I positively hate how macOS bugs me to update all the time even when I have a reason for delaying, and my only option is "remind me tomorrow." Software updates should be able to let the user punt for longer than a day/next launch.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or indefinitely...
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile

Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    smayer97 said:
    Or indefinitely...
    I'll disagree with that. Quicken's goal is to get people on a subscription to update to the latest versions, so I don't think they'd implement a way to indefinitely silence notices of available updates. But I do think it's practical for them and for users if they created a way to temporarily dismiss the update message. As the original post above suggests, perhaps that's until the next release, perhaps it's for a period of time, or perhaps it's until a choice of several periods of time. I don't think there's anything wrong with a reminder popping up periodically; the goal is just to not make one pop up on every launch.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an IDEA thread... I am not looking for agreement. I am just posting an option. If you do not like the option, you simply do not have to use it if Quicken implements it. Just select any other available option.
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile

Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)