Trying to setup 'online services'. cc-929

Keep getting CC-929 error. No documentation found for that. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Robert B Kelly

Thank you for the response the information has been reviewed the next best step is to contact support directly for an escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

I do see that you have previously contacted support. I have added additional notes to your previous case that the agent will be able to review upon contacting once. Quicken Care has the tools to escalate the issue, which the Community does not have.

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a new one for me, too.

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• breagan
    breagan Member
    This is Premier. vR33.19 Build 27.1.33.19
    Win 10 Home.
    My bank changed to 2 part auth a few weeks ago. Naturally One step update stopped working for that institution. The prompts to "fix" made no difference.
    ctrl-a to the accounts. Deactivate the account on the Online Services tab.
    Then attempt to 'Set Up Now'.
    Got the code. Perhaps typo in the pass field? Tried again, and again.
    Got CC-929 error(s).
    Ran Validate and Repair. No issues. Restarted Quicken. Same error.
    Sent out this help msg.
    Waited about an hour and tried again. Was able to successfully setup the One Step Update without a problem.
    My surmise is that CC-929 may be a time-out feature to slow down login attempts and possibly stop institutions from locking accounts because of unsuccessful login attempts.
    At any rate, it's working now.
    Quicken, since DOS days uses these cryptic error codes without documentation. It's maddening.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @breagan

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The error is not documented in the usual places.

What is the name of the financial institution that is returning this error? Does the error include any additional message that could indicate the issue?

Please let me know so that I may investigate this issue further!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Joe21
    Joe21 Member ✭✭
    I am getting a CC-929 error when trying to log in. What is this error?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Joe21

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. I have a few questions to help me isolate this issue further.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running. Next, what is the name of the financial institution that is returning this error? Does the error include any additional message that could indicate the issue? What type of account is this? Banking, Investment... 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JasonF
    JasonF Member
    Getting the same error code through PNC Bank. I recently changed my PNC credentials and tried logging on Quicken before I changed them there so I'm hoping it's a time out feature as someone commented. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Robert B Kelly
    Robert B Kelly Member ✭✭
    I am getting this error at every account I try an set-up new or activate online services for.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Robert B Kelly

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report a Problem and report this issue.

Please include all of the preselected logs, this will help to investigate this issue further. Please comment back here once you have submitted the report so the report may be retrieved.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Robert B Kelly
    Robert B Kelly Member ✭✭
    Report has been sent
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Robert B Kelly

Thank you for the response the information has been reviewed the next best step is to contact support directly for an escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

I do see that you have previously contacted support. I have added additional notes to your previous case that the agent will be able to review upon contacting once. Quicken Care has the tools to escalate the issue, which the Community does not have.

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Joe21
    Joe21 Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem with Coastal Credit Union. cc-929
  • Joe21
    Joe21 Member ✭✭
    More info on cc-929 ERRROR
    I'm using Coastal Federal Credit Union
    The version of Quicken follows:
    R33-19 Build 27.1.33.19
    Trying to connect with the bank for credit card info.
    I'll get any additional info that you need.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Everyone,

We are currently seeing an increase in CC- 929's with users trying to connect some of their accounts.  To troubleshoot the issue sign out of data file, close Quicken and try again after an hour. The sign in/out should should create a token and the add account attempt should no longer result in CC-929. Sign-out steps down below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

If you are still receiving errors after troubleshooting I'd recommend contacting Quicken Support so that we're able to collect logs and escalate as necessary. Our hours will be down below as well.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Joe21
    Joe21 Member ✭✭
    I tried their suggestion.... Same problem cc-929.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Joe21

Thank you for the response although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist after attempting the recommended steps.

The next step is to contact Quicken Support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. Quicken Care has the ability to collect and review logs and escalate if necessary.

Please let us know how it goes with support.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • t9281rc
    t9281rc Member ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    [removed - rant/unhelpful]
  • Joe21
    Joe21 Member ✭✭
    cc-929 Any hope on getting this problem fixed? I've been trying to get it fixed for 6 weeks now.
    Who can I contact and bring this problem to their attention?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe21 said:
    cc-929 Any hope on getting this problem fixed? I've been trying to get it fixed for 6 weeks now.
    Who can I contact and bring this problem to their attention?

As has been stated several times before, please contact  Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation

Note: Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat to function. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest

• I have spent hours on the phone twice this week with Quicken Support this week. They are unable to fix the CC-929 error that I repeatedly get. What else can you suggest?
  • Joe21
    Joe21 Member ✭✭
    I think I have a solution from Quicken Customer Care.
    The solution follows:

Hello Joe,

I am following up regarding your recent inquiry regarding Coastal Federal Credit Union.

Our service provider for data aggregation has confirmed with the financial institution's (FI) service provider that you have entered incorrect login credentials for accessing your account(s).

This commonly happens when the financial institution has one or more of the following conditions:

· A character limit for passwords in Quicken that is different than what you enter at the website.

· Example: Quicken has been advised the limit is 12 characters but you use 13 or more at the website

· Webpages can ignore the extra characters, where Quicken must abide by the FI-mandated limit.

· Website allows users to bypass a security measure (images, phrases, etc.) but has mandated Quicken must provide the response to the security item.

· FI requires "enrollment" to allow Quicken to connect to your accounts, which may use different credentials than those used at their website.

To ensure that you're entering the correct credentials, please follow these instructions:

1. Type your credentials (typically Username + Password) into a text app, like Notepad (Windows).

2. Copy & Paste those items from text into the login fields on the bank website.

3. After confirming your credentials at the website, go back to Quicken and Copy + Paste the credentials into the fields in Quicken.

If the credentials continue to fail in Quicken, please contact your financial institution for further assistance in verifying their requirements for passwords used in Quicken. They may need to contact their service provider to confirm the Minimum/Maximum + Number/Special Character settings that have been posted to the Branding & Profile servers for their online access requirements.

Unfortunately, this is not something that Quicken Support can resolve, as we do not have access to the financial institution’s servers to verify account information and login credentials.
    We apologize for the inconvenience

Quicken Online Banking Escalations | Quicken Inc.

Regards,
    Quicken Customer Care
This discussion has been closed.