Quicken locks up only when accessing one account (main banking) after a One Step Update of onl

Quicken consistently locks up, seems to be in some sort of endless loop of screen refreshes, etc, only when I access my main banking (in this case, Chase) after doing a One Step Update. Other accts act OK, but any Chase account (chkg, savings, or credit card) locks up Quicken. Seems to be worse when a higher number of items download, i.e., was out of town for a week. Getting out and logging back into Quicken does not normally resolve the issue unless and until I do a second One Step Update (which of course downloads nothing as it was downloaded just a few minutes earlier). After the second One Step Update session, everything is fine again. Why does this occur?

Please don't tell me to validate the file, Troubleshoot 101, assure latest version/patch, etc, I've done all that REPEATEDLY.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long are you waiting during One Step Update before you kill Quicken?
    Depending on how many transactions need downloading, the process may well take a few minutes.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Yooper2020
    Yooper2020 Member ✭✭
    I have waited hours, no change.... reboots make no difference.... T101 done several times, no difference.... will continue to hang/run VERY slowly only after that one provider is accessed, but will return to normal speed operation if another One Step Update is run...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try and run an "Update Now" from the Chase account register Action gear icon.
    If that doesn't complete within a more normal time frame and forces you to kill Quicken again, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• wiltedsink
    wiltedsink Member
    I have had the same infuriating behavioral problem as Yooper2020 for many months now. And I can confirm the suggested workaround (run One Step Update). Thanks!
    So, yes, the problem persists even if you restart Quicken but the endless refreshing does not actually begin until you try to display the register of the (problematic?) account (Bank of America for me... but I do have a Chase account in my one-step-update). So, of course, you have to initiate the one-step-update immediately after starting Quicken but before you display the register.
    The neurotic propensity of the Quicken desktop app to refresh itself has long been apparent but the endless loop of refreshing was not noticed (by me, anyway) until after the 27.1.29.22 update. I was on the phone with tech support for a very long time to try to eliminate the issue but to no avail. I finally discovered the website holding all of the previous releases (the Quicken support party line seems to be "we don't have access to previous releases") by reading another community post and discovered that going back to the 27.1.29.22 update also fixes the problem. Recently I mistakenly allowed Quicken to auto-update but at least now have a workaround without re-installing.
This discussion has been closed.