Is anyone else having issues downloading transactions from Royal Bank of Canada?

4calgary
4calgary Member
edited January 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
I haven't been able to download transactions for almost 3 weeks.
QCS_Server_error_323

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @4calgary

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here what exactly is causing the issue as it's not an error I've seen before here. To start off the first thing we can attempt here is to sign out and back in to see if that may help us with narrowing down the issue. You can do so by going across the top of your mac and selecting Quicken > Sign out. From there you should be able to sign back into the program as well.

Once you've done so go try updating again and see if you get the same message again. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• 4calgary
    4calgary Member
    I just logged out and then logged back in. I tried downloading my transactions and got the same error.

Partial Download (-28)
    Last update 4/28/2021
    QCS_server_error:323

Susan
  • Quicken Francisco
    @4calgary

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering if it's a consistent issue in another file or if it's related to your file specifically. One thing we can attempt here is in a test file to try connecting to RBC and see if we're also getting an error when we try connecting. We can attempt this by going across the top to File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. From there try signing into RBC and adding the accounts to the test file.

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know the result. If you get another error message please let us know so we can take further action.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • 4calgary
    4calgary Member
    There are 4 options for Royal Bank.
    1. Royal Bank - this one just brings me back to the login screen after I enter my login info
    2. Royal Bank of Canada - RBC Direct - Server Communication Error - can't setup Royal Bank of Canada RBC Direct - OK (DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER)
    3. Royal Bank of Canada - RBC Dominion - Server Communication Error - AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (ACCOUNT_MISMATCH:ccscrape.106)
    4. Royal Bank of Canada - RBC Wealth - Server Communication Error - AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (ACCOUNT_MISMATCH:ccscrape.106)

I tried them all and none of them work.
    The one I used to use was called RBC Bank - online banking. This option is no longer available.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @4calgary

Thanks for the update. That is interesting it sounds like they may have discontinued support with the specific line you previously used. We can try finding out what might be the proper connection for RBC. On the RBC website see if you're able to download a web connect file. The article down below goes into more detail about finding the download and what you should be looking for. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting

If you are able to find the download and import it into Quicken. If you are able to select it to import as a new account we'll want to check the Financial institution by right clicking on the account under the account list and selecting edit/delete account. Navigate to the online services tab and see what it says on the financial institution line. This will give us the best idea of the connection method we scan use to download your transactions.

Let us know how it goes once you get the chance!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • 4calgary
    4calgary Member
    I created a new Quicken file (I didn't want to mess up my existing one). I logged into my bank and was able to download a QFX file for my chequing account. I was then able to open it in my new Quicken file.
    When I look at the financial institution under Account Settings, Downloads tab, it shows RBC Royal Bank.
    Connection Type: web connect
    Intra-bank transfers: unavailable
  • BTMCCONNELL
    BTMCCONNELL Member ✭✭
    @4calgary if you type RBC, (instead of Royal Bank), when looking for banks it will show the RBC Online Banking Option
  • BTMCCONNELL
    BTMCCONNELL Member ✭✭
    Also, having this issue for the past three weeks!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BTMCCONNELL

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

To better be able to assist, we'll need a bit more information. First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Are you receiving any error messages when attempting to update?  The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be. 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.