Wells Fargo Not All Downloaded Transactions Making It To The Register :-(

Hello,
I run Schedule Updates at 5:00 am every day except Sunday.
This morning I had 5 transactions ready to download into my Wells Fargo checking account. Four of them (all expenses) downloaded into the register as expected. However, one transaction, a deposit, I noticed, did not make it into the register. I cannot find it. I tried downloading again using "Update now" - nothing came across. I went into my web bank account and downloaded yesterday's activity to a .qfx file and ran import. No new transactions were available. I also downloaded yesterday's activity to a .csv file to check my sanity and verify there were indeed five transactions. I then ran File Operations > Validate and Repair => no errors found. I did a global find (CTRL-F) for this item with no success.
It's odd to me that Quicken will not import the "missing" transaction from either One Step Update nor the .qfx file. It seems to have a reference somewhere of having downloaded this transaction?
I am running Quicken Deluxe R33.19 Build 27.1.33.19 on a Windows 10 PC.
This is frustrating and concerning as I usually just hit "Accept All" and don't normally inspect individual transactions being imported. Thank you for your help!!

Best Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @EhmannS

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you for also letting us know the additional steps you took as well to try resolving the issue. I'm wondering why only your deposit didn't make it. It could be maybe a day late on the update end but it sounds like it's fully cleared on the banks side and also made the Quicken balance incorrect as well. To start off with troubleshooting here we can attempt to deactivate and set up the account as new to relink the accounts. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know if you're able to get the deposit in. If not let us know and we can take another look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    When you get a chance, please look in the OFX Log file (Help / Log Files).
    Searching the log file backwards from the bottom, try to locate that particular transaction.
    If you can find it, we know it was downloaded.
    Now there's a chance that Quicken mismatched this transaction to a similar transaction already accepted in the register. That means, it vanished without leaving much of a trace.
    Next time this deposit comes in, before you "Accept all", click this downloaded deposit to ensure that it matches correctly. If it doesn't you need to manually match it or "make it new", to get correct results.
    If this is a recurring deposit event, set up and record a scheduled reminder before you download transactions containing the deposit. Again, click on and review the downloaded transaction for correct match.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @EhmannS

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you for also letting us know the additional steps you took as well to try resolving the issue. I'm wondering why only your deposit didn't make it. It could be maybe a day late on the update end but it sounds like it's fully cleared on the banks side and also made the Quicken balance incorrect as well. To start off with troubleshooting here we can attempt to deactivate and set up the account as new to relink the accounts. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know if you're able to get the deposit in. If not let us know and we can take another look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    When you get a chance, please look in the OFX Log file (Help / Log Files).
    Searching the log file backwards from the bottom, try to locate that particular transaction.
    If you can find it, we know it was downloaded.
    Now there's a chance that Quicken mismatched this transaction to a similar transaction already accepted in the register. That means, it vanished without leaving much of a trace.
    Next time this deposit comes in, before you "Accept all", click this downloaded deposit to ensure that it matches correctly. If it doesn't you need to manually match it or "make it new", to get correct results.
    If this is a recurring deposit event, set up and record a scheduled reminder before you download transactions containing the deposit. Again, click on and review the downloaded transaction for correct match.
  • EhmannS
    EhmannS Member ✭✭
    Mystery solved - thank you UKR! I searched the OFX Log file and found the transaction 'missing' from the register. Investigating further, I looked at the "Downloaded memo" field and discovered that this deposit MATCHed an almost identical transaction (deposit) from two weeks earlier. I will have to keep a closer eye on the New/Match status to determine if downloaded transactions are truly new or matches of information already in the register.
    Thank you so much!!!
  • Quicken Francisco
    @EhmannS

Thank you for letting us know you were able to find out what happened with UKR's steps. If you do see a similar issue again the next time you have a similar transaction please let us know so we can take a further look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • EhmannS
    EhmannS Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco, I sure will. This forum is super informative and helpful to me.
    Thank you! :)