Navy Federal Credit Union NCFU 2 Step and downloads not working

When I went to update accounts this morning receive update errors on my NFCU accounts, usually there is a two step authorization, yes this is desirable, but it doesn't even come up like it's turned off somewhere in the latest update? I am able to log into my account in browser and manually download. It just takes longer with the amount of accounts I have.
Feature worked fine yesterday before download and restart.
Version R32.12
Build 27.1.32.12
Win 10 Enterprise
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Update to the above post - I continued to receive the error code CC-506 this morning.  Therefore I followed the guidance located in this LINK and reset all of my NFCU accounts.  It was successful and my accounts are downloading properly now in OSU.

If you are still having these problems, I suggest you do the "reset".

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• SkyPilot
    SkyPilot Member
    Same issue on my end. No two-step authorization and error code CC-505 on all my accounts.
    Stock quotes update and Cloud sync not affected.
    Web login to NFCU is fine as is the individual account download.

Version R32.12
    Build 27.1.32.12
    Windows 10 Home
  • agrecco
    agrecco Member ✭✭
    Quicken is not connecting to NFCU. No error codes. 2 factor authentication window is not presented.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @agrecco,

Can you give me a little more information?  I assume that you are connecting via Express Web Connect, is that right?  Are you getting any error codes? Other than the 2FA not showing up, what happens when you try to connect?

get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @agrecco,

Okay - ignore the above comment.  I know that you are probably getting the same CC-505 error code as I am, along with the 2FA not appearing.

I would suggest that you wait until tomorrow, or maybe Monday, as it is likely that NFCU is not allowing connections for the time being.

Frankx

• agrecco
    agrecco Member ✭✭
    No error codes. Goes right to "processing data" without 2FA.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @agrecco,

Take another look at your One Step Update Summary - I suspect that you'll see the CC-505 errors for all your accounts there.  Just tried again and am still having the same issue.  I really hope (and expect) that things will be back to normal tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Frankx

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Quicken not requesting 2 factor code since 5/7/21. I know there was a new release recently, but I'm not sure if this issue coincides with the release update...

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• jordanal
    jordanal Member ✭✭
    Same here; started after Quicken update last week. No TFA prompt during EWC, and immediate CC-505 errors on all NFCU accounts.
    Version: R33.19
    Build: 27.133.19
  • crjefferson
    crjefferson Member
    edited May 2021
    Likewise and the exact same errors. [removed - off-topic]
  • xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    just another monthly occurrence where Quicken will not interface with NFCU...[Removed-Sarcastic]
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @agrecco & @xssnco

Hopefully you've both been able to connect today.  If you haven't yet tried - I suggest you do so.  Things are back to normal with respect to downloading.

Frankx

• xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    No joy...Had to deactivate /reactivate 7 accounts...Noticed that it was downloading "ghost" transactions into 5 of 7 accounts...Does not recognize primary credit card...Just another typical Quicken snafu with NFCU...Largest credit union in the world and Quicken cannot get it right.....Incredible!
  • justageek
    justageek Member ✭✭
    Same here, no successful NFCU updates for several days.
    Version R32.12
    Build 27.1.32.12
    Windows 10 Enterprise
  • justageek
    justageek Member ✭✭
    Frankx, no dice. Still getting CC-505 with no 2FA prompt. Did you do anything special to get it working again?
  • jordanal
    jordanal Member ✭✭
    If it helps anyone, I deactivated all my NFCU accounts from EWC yesterday, and re-added them. EWC has been working since. A PIA, but it worked...
  • wmbarryd
    wmbarryd Member ✭✭✭
    FYI. I had the same problem but NFCU began working again yesterday without any action on my part.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @justageek,

No, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.  For me, the error code appeared on Saturday, repeated on Sunday when I tried to download - same thing - no 2FA screens and the CC-505 error code.  I tried again yesterday afternoon and downloading was back to normal for all accounts.  During that time, I did shut down my computer once and I also opened a second data file in Quicken (not one with NFCU accounts) then closed that and opened my main data file again.  I did log on to my NFCU account outside of Quicken to review activity.  But I did nothing else - did not deactivate/reactivate, etc.

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFCU apparently was not allowing connections over the weekend (likely they were doing systems maintenance) and many users reported getting the CC-505 error code during that time.  Yesterday, NFCU downloads started functioning again for many users.  

Frankx

• wmbarryd
    wmbarryd Member ✭✭✭
    NFCU worked for me most of yesterday and earlier today but again is not working. Now, it does ask for the 2FA, I receive the code but I then get cc-501 error after submitting the code.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @wmbarryd,

My accounts are still downloading without issue.  I suggest that you try again tomorrow.  If you are still getting the CC-501 error code, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.  They will likely need to review your log files.

Let us know how that works out.

Frankx

• Steven S Bowen
    Steven S Bowen Member ✭✭
    My NFCU accounts have not been working correctly for 9 days. Before I tried the deactivation approach, that I have had to do in the past, I'd seem to get stuck in the 2-step verification process. I'd start cancelling out and eventually some of my loan balances would update but my primary account was not updated.

Tried multiple account resets and receive notice that the reset failed...give it a few days and try again.

Yesterday I deactivated the account and now I'm getting the "Sorry its not your fault..." popup that suggests I can try again or enter my data manually.

Bottom line is there are still users that are suffering from the May update.
  • Steven S Bowen
    Steven S Bowen Member ✭✭
    I am running Quicken version R33.19, build 27.1.33.19 on a Windows 10 Home OS.
  • Deadeye
    Deadeye Member ✭✭✭
    > @Steven S Bowen said:
    > My NFCU accounts have not been working correctly for 9 days.
    > Bottom line is there are still users that are suffering from the May update.

Yes, it's back to that again. I select update Navy Federal and the update shows that a completely different account at Chase is the only one that updated. It worked just fine the day I posted that this thread should be closed. I suggest anyone with this issue use the "report a problem" link on the update page, maybe if we flood Quicken support with the issue we will get some sort of response or something. I still have nothing but crickets on my original post or inquiries to Quicken.

On another thread completely,
    I've been using this product since it was initially released in the 90's (but the 04 update wiped out some of my history and basis) and am becoming increasingly disappointed in the level of support, the on going subscription cost and it's effectivity. I would have bailed out when it went to subscription if it weren't for the history and the lack of alternative account software.
    3 accounts must be updated manually now, and a complete struggle to add new accounts to existing families (mutual funds) and my 401k entries must be done manually but the accounting and tracking is excellent, and I do use the fund spy feature monthly.
  • Steven S Bowen
    Steven S Bowen Member ✭✭
    Reported my problem yesterday and just sent my second problem report.
  • Steven S Bowen
    Steven S Bowen Member ✭✭
    Release 33.22, build 27.1.33.22 was made available via subscription in the last 24 hours. I loaded it this morning and nothing about my NFCU update problem has changed. Another trouble report submitted...
  • wmbarryd
    wmbarryd Member ✭✭✭
    NFCU downloads worked intermittently for a few days but is no longer working. I try to update, 2FA pops up, I receive and report the code but then no accounts update. Frustating.
  • Dale G
    Dale G Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Navy Fed CU gives CC-506 error from OSU. I submitted the problem report.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dale G

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. The Report a Problem report will not receive a response and is used for investigative purposes.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Dale G
    Dale G Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka,
    I would submit a request, but I am unable to logon to the support page. I have Quicken HB. I have worked with Quicken support and they have been unable to correct this problem. Can you help me out?
    Dale
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dale G

Thank you for the response. To contact support you will need to select the support link:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

You will then select "Talk to Support" you may then initiate either a chat or phone call to support. There is no sign in need to contact support.

I hope this helps.
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.