Connecting to my bank was working fine now suddenly its not?

markm75
markm75 Member ✭✭
In the case of my bank which is Dollar Bank..

I was getting "we cannot find an account "with non-zero balance" or with any transaction in the last 12 months" suddenly with quicken on downloading transactions.

So i opted to reset things and try to connect again now it wont connect just gives an error and says sorry something went wrong.

Are others having similar issues in general, DB seems to say its a quicken issue?
Thanks in advance

Answers

• Dave544
    Dave544 Member ✭✭
    Was it the SORRY ITS NOT YOUR FAULT ERROR?
  • markm75
    markm75 Member ✭✭
    > @Dave544 said:
    > Was it the SORRY ITS NOT YOUR FAULT ERROR?

Yes it was, the latest one after I tried to reset things
  • Dave544
    Dave544 Member ✭✭
    For 2 days now I have been unable to reconnect to a bank that Quicken recognizes and has worked for 10 years. Now when I try to reestablish manual updates to a register and after sms account verification to the bank, I get it again, again, agin.... Sorry No Can Do Man . Tried other accounts and set up new dummy accounts and everything works. Contacted the bank and they say its them, them, those guys. Back to paper registers I guess.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Dave544 and @markm75

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to collect logs and figure out what exactly is causing the issue. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• markm75
    markm75 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Francisco said:
    > Hello @Dave544 and @markm75
    >
    > Thank
    > you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry
    > to hear that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > The
    > Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend
    > contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to collect logs and figure out what exactly is causing the issue. I will leave our hours down below so
    > you can find a time that works best for you.
    >
    >  
    >
    > Click here to review Quicken
    > Support's hours of operation.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Francisco

Well the times i've tried to click "talk to support" nothing happens, so how can you get support
  • markm75
    markm75 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Footnote to the sorry its not your fault message. If you put the wrong creds in when reinitializing things, it does say the creds were invalid, but once you use the correct ones it spins for a while then fails with the "not your fault" (useless message with no error code)

Same happens if you try to create a new account (in the same quicken file).
    Same happens if i create a new quicken save and try to connect.
    All of this i think started after a recent update.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @markm75

It sounds like your browser may be blocking the popup when clicking talk to support. I'll leave a post down below on information on how to get it working. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest

If you're still having trouble afterwards let me know and we'll see what steps we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • markm75
    markm75 Member ✭✭
    Update
    First on the chat link it was the browser, thanks, but didnt need it.

I ran the program as admin this time, suddenly i could reconnect / reinitialize downloads.
    Either that did the trick or things were fixed. I think it was running as admin. I then closed ran normally now its working fine as well.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @markm75

Thanks for the update. That is interesting that running as admin worked for you. In any case if you do run into further issues, please let us know so we can another look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.