left click "add-reminder" does not work for complex transaction

Windows Version: R33.22
Build: 27.1.33.22
Windows 10 Enterprise

In my banking account register I have a transaction with three splits.
1 homerepair:floor memo "add this to my expense category" $256
2 [credit card] memo "this transfer reduces my interest free purchase" $256
3 [this account] memo "transfer from this account to credit card" -$256

When I select the transaction, right click and chose "Add Reminder", the reminder gets saved as a "Transfer" showing the two accounts but not the category. If I add the reminder to my register, the transaction looks like this;
1 homerepair:floor memo "add this to my expense category" $256
2 [blank] memo "this transfer reduces my interest free purchase" $256
3 [blank] memo "transfer from this account to credit card" -$256

Is this a bug?

I can add the reminder manually via "ctrl J". But then I need to add the splits manually.
Quicken Windows Subscription: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2.
(I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version.)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @FredArthur

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.  I am having trouble recreating this issue.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the split using the Windows Snipping Tool. To learn more about posting screenshots to the Community, please take a moment to review the information available here

Also, what is the total amount for this transaction? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • FredArthur
    FredArthur Member ✭✭✭
    With apologies - I thank you for looking into this issue. I reverted my QDF file to a backup and repeated all the steps and took pictures. I can't reproduce the problem! As my son would say, "My bad." Pilot error?

Please put this on hold. I will take another crack at it this weekend. But at this point in time it looks like I made an error. It was some combination of a transaction, memorizing the payee, adding a reminder, setting a renaming rule and downloading & accepting the transaction. Things we do everyday! Hi Hi.

Fred J.
    Quicken Windows Subscription: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2.
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version.)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I knew the problem as existing in the CKI (Chair to Keyboard Interface). :D

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP