I'm getting an "Update Quicken" message on my home screen.

Every time I turn on my computer I'm getting a Quicken Update message. I've never seen an update message before opening Quicken. Has anyone seen this - Is it legit?

Best Answer

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If it's the pop-up message that appears at Windows start-up asking for Quicken password, then it would appear you have selected Scheduled updates. Your password is required for this option to work.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If it's the pop-up message that appears at Windows start-up asking for Quicken password, then it would appear you have selected Scheduled updates. Your password is required for this option to work.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm to tired - Its still 2035.54. I suppose another update is due.

Once a Quicken data file has been corrupted by adding, changing or deleting transactions erroneously, a software fix may prevent the error from occurring again, but it won't magically fix any of the messed up transactions. I'm afraid, you'll have to fix those yourself.
    As an alternative, you can consider restoring your Quicken data file from one of your recent backups. Review the restored data. If necessary, restore successively older backups until you find a file that hasn't been damaged and bring that one up to date.
This discussion has been closed.