R20.6 - Cannot create loan, loops on Loan Reminder

fishboy
fishboy Member ✭✭
Trying to create a new Loan account.
1) I get to the Your Loan Reminder and I didn't check the box that I want the reminders, click Next.
2) Loan Payment Reminder is displayed. After entering the info and clicking Done.
3) Takes me back to the Your Loan Reminder, I click Next it returns to Step 2.

It loops and I cannot get past this. I don't want to upgrade and pay the annual fee. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Hello @fishboy
    Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option. 

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK. 

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken. 

Please let us know what you find! 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using this list (https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes ), a release numbered R 20.6 is not shown.
    Please do a Help / About Quicken to determine the exact version and release of Quicken. Also, is it the US or the Canadian version?
    If you are using a backlevel version of Quicken Subscription (2018-2021) and your subscription has not expired, I recommend you update your Quicken software to the latest available patch release level. The file download is available here: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    IIRC, there was a fix to your specific problem in one of the US patch releases.

• fishboy
    fishboy Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka I tried validating the data file (see below for results). For the scheduled reminder, I've already deleted all the existing reminders. Yet if I validate, it keeps giving me that same message. Thanks for your help!

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri May 21 17:12:57 2021]
    Additional data conversion in QWMain started

[Fri May 21 17:13:04 2021]
    Quicken has found 2 stock split(s) for account "XXXXX", security "XXX", on 1/21/2010 that might be missing.
    Validation has completed.
  • fishboy
    fishboy Member ✭✭
    @UKR It says Version R20.6. Build 26.1.20.6. It should be the US version. I tried upgrading yesterday, but the newest versions require the annual subscription, which I was hoping to avoid. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    fishboy said:
    @UKR It says Version R20.6. Build 26.1.20.6. It should be the US version. I tried upgrading yesterday, but the newest versions require the annual subscription, which I was hoping to avoid. Thanks.

I was afraid of that ... You're using Quicken 2017. This version is no longer supported.
    AFAIK, the fix to your loop problem was eventually implemented in the next version, Quicken Subscription (2018-2021)
    The fix to the Validate message about removing a damaged reminder is still outstanding.
    If the full Validate procedure as detailed in Step 2 of Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems doesn't do the trick, there's nothing else I can suggest except buying and installing Quicken Subscription. But even that may not solve whatever ails your data file ...
  • fishboy
    fishboy Member ✭✭
    @UKR Thanks for the help. I was able to create a new Quicken file and create a loan. So there must be something corrupt with my existing file. I'll probably just re-create my accounts and balances or export/import in the transactions. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.