I cannot open a Quicken File. Quicken states the passwords don't match.

Options
The "forgot password" link doesn't work. I click on it and nothing happens.
I've restarted the computer, tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken, opening a different backup file. Nothing works

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @cdpeterson

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. 

The problem you're experiencing is something that we can't troubleshoot over the community, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• cdpeterson
    cdpeterson Member
    Options
    I was able to restore from an old backup.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @cdpeterson

Thanks for the update. That is interesting. If you do want access to your original file though I would still recommend contacting Quicken if you find it's a bit too dated to rebuild some of the backup but that's up to you. If you run into the issue again please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • cdpeterson
    cdpeterson Member
    Options
    I chatted online with customer service. The old update was their suggestion.
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @cdpeterson

I believe it could be that chat might not have access but there is a tool to remove passwords from files as long as your able to provide information inside of the datafile. Phones should be able to do so I apologize for not knowing this information prior.  I'll leave more information down below. If you have any further questions please let me know.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-assisted-password-removal-service

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.