I can't import a .qfx file that I have downloaded to my mac. I'm a subscription user?

Options
Xam
Xam Member
I can't import a .qfx file that I have downloaded to my mac. I'm a subscription user. I have the latest software updates. I know there is data in the file. I select the credit card on the banking side bar and do a file/import/.qfx and select the appropriate file. I get a message that Quicken is processing 400 or so transactions and then there is no new data in the account I've selected or anywhere else I can find.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Merging two credit card accounts is, fortunately, quite easy. Click on the old account in the sidebar, then click on any transaction. Click Command-A or (Edit > Select All) to highlight all the transaction in the account. Now click and drag one of the highlighted transactions over to the new account in the left sidebar. All the transactions will move to the new account. Verify that there are no transactions left in the old account, and you can delete it by Control-clicking on the account name in the sidebar. In the new account, see if your balance is correct. If there was an opening balance transaction in the new account, you might need to delete that now that all the older transactions have been pulled in.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Xam
    Xam Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! The merge worked perfectly and now I have all the data I need. I will remember to reactivate the account.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Xam

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues importing your QFX file. I'm wondering here what could be causing the issue you're having. We may be able to fix the issue by deactivating your QFX file import then reimporting it into Quicken. This is a good first step to take to see if we're able to fix your import. I'll leave steps down below.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Next you'll want to import the file again. You can do so by going across the top to file > import > Bank or brokerage file (QFX). This should import it and let you choose to link it again to your existing account in Quicken.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if you're able to get your import working properly.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Xam
    Xam Member
    Options
    Deactivating and reimporting got the file into Quicken, so: Thank You! Trouble is that the file imported into a separate account that it made up. Now I have two accounts for the same credit card. Each covers a different period of time. I have to merge the two accounts to get a full data set. How do I do that?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Merging two credit card accounts is, fortunately, quite easy. Click on the old account in the sidebar, then click on any transaction. Click Command-A or (Edit > Select All) to highlight all the transaction in the account. Now click and drag one of the highlighted transactions over to the new account in the left sidebar. All the transactions will move to the new account. Verify that there are no transactions left in the old account, and you can delete it by Control-clicking on the account name in the sidebar. In the new account, see if your balance is correct. If there was an opening balance transaction in the new account, you might need to delete that now that all the older transactions have been pulled in.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Xam
    Xam Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! The merge worked perfectly and now I have all the data I need. I will remember to reactivate the account.
This discussion has been closed.