Changing portfolio views for investmants

Options
I recently set up a new investment account through TD Ameritrade and I like the way the information is presented. How do I convert my older investment accounts to present the information in the same way?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken now offers a "Simple" option for investing accounts, where instead of downloading all the transactions and showing the transaction list as in the past, it just tracks the balances of your accounts and shows a summary. Capital gains and investment income data is not available in Simple mode.

Is this what you are referring to?

If you want to use Simple mode for an investing account, click on the gear at the top right of the transaction list (register), click on Edit account details, and choose Simple for the tracking method. If this choice is not shown, you need to go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and enable Simple mode.

Note that if you switch from Simple to Complete mode, you will need to delete the balance adjustments that were entered in Simple mode and enter the missing detailed transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription