How do I start over so I can use my most recent Q7 data?

Options
Doug King
Doug King Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
I imported my Q7 data in January then continued to work on my old Mac for several months. Now when I try to import my most recent data, it just seems to add it to what I already had.
How do I start over again?

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Doug King

Thank you for including the version you are running. To answer your question, yes you may have multiple files at the same time.

A new file will be created when selecting File > New. You may navigate between files by selecting File > Open Recent. 

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Doug King said:  If I start a new file from a Mac 2007 file, does it overwrite my old file or am I able to have two files going at the same time like I could in Q7?
    Quicken stores your data in a file much like MS Word DOC or MS Excel XLS.
    You can create and open as many different Quicken files as you want....
    I only happen to have one... a single file with all my Quicken data since I started using Quicken.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Doug King,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

To clarify; are you importing your Quicken 2007 data to the newest Quicken for Mac subscription-based program?

If so, then to start over, you will first need to create a new data file. Please, navigate to File > New in order to do so. Then, choose the option Start from a Quicken Mac 2007 File and follow the prompts to complete the data import.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Doug King
    Doug King Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello.

I am using the most recent version 6.2.0 (Build 602.38882.100) on a MacBook Pro 2020 M1.

If I start a new file from a Mac 2007 file, does it overwrite my old file or am I able to have two files going at the same time like I could in Q7?

Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Doug King

Thank you for including the version you are running. To answer your question, yes you may have multiple files at the same time.

A new file will be created when selecting File > New. You may navigate between files by selecting File > Open Recent. 

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Doug King said:  If I start a new file from a Mac 2007 file, does it overwrite my old file or am I able to have two files going at the same time like I could in Q7?
    Quicken stores your data in a file much like MS Word DOC or MS Excel XLS.
    You can create and open as many different Quicken files as you want....
    I only happen to have one... a single file with all my Quicken data since I started using Quicken.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Doug King
    Doug King Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you all for your help.
This discussion has been closed.