Sync/Update problems with R33.19

Kim Weiss
Kim Weiss Member ✭✭
My program updated to R33.19 last Friday or Saturday, and ever since then, I've had problems with both One-Step Update and Cloud Sync. Both activities start normally, but then they run without end, for hours at a time if I let them. I eventually have to use Task Manager to force quit Quicken. Has anyone else seen this?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Kim Weiss,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pam120800
    pam120800 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issues with the same update version.  I followed your directions and do not get the chance to sign back in.  I have the error "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time.  Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again.  We apologize for the inconvenience."  Waiting ten minutes does not help.
  • pam120800
    pam120800 Member ✭✭
    Apparently waiting 1+hours helps.  I am able to log back in, but we are hanging in "Syncing Quicken and Quicken Cloud" again.  This is a real problem.  This is affecting my livelihood.  
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @pam120800

Thank you for letting us know the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if the cloud account might just be stuck and we may need to try remaking it in order to fix the issue. We can do this by deleting the dataset then remaking it. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Note you'll need to be on a different file in order to delete your main files dataset 

Once you've had a chance to try this see if we're able to get the file back up and running. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Kim Weiss
    Kim Weiss Member ✭✭
    Logging out and back in again did not solve any problems, nor did deleting my cloud account. I can't even update individual accounts because account updates never terminate on their own.
  • Kim Weiss
    Kim Weiss Member ✭✭
    I spent a little time trying to figure out the problem, and it appears to be related to the Express Web Connect feature. For the accounts where I have to enter the password myself when performing updates, everything works as expected. However, if I try to update any account that uses Express Web Connect (where the password is memorized), the update process hangs and never completes. I tried resetting the connection, but it didn't help.
  • Jack Bonn
    Jack Bonn Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing the same thing. I updated all my direct-connect accounts via one-step update and did not have the issue. I also selected all the online services (synch to cloud, download quotes, update portfolio) and things complete properly. And I noticed that the rotating wheel in the "one step update" icon stopped when it was complete.

That is not true when any of the express web-connect accounts are updated, even if singularly. The update-wheel rotation stops periodically but goes back to rotating, seemingly forever.

In the case where it fails, the popup display indicates the "Your data is being synched to our improved cloud services". I guess the term "improved" should have tipped me off. :-)
  • Jack Bonn
    Jack Bonn Member ✭✭
    I just got a mondo patch that fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    What version patch fixed the problem?
  • jrieck1
    jrieck1 Member ✭✭
    The same issue is happening here. One-step update hangs when "Express Connect" accounts are selected. It also occurs when "Sync to Cloud" is enabled. When only "Direct Connect" accounts are selected, the update works (and ends) normally.
    Installing the Mondo Patch cited in a different thread did not correct the issue.
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    :/ All my paychecks lost their split values I use to track taxes and other deductions. It replaced them with a single, "Salary" category. Why did this happen?
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    Using this feature is removing transactions, duplicating transactions, and changing categories of some existing transactions (loosing splits, for example). There is definitely a problem with CloudSync and it needs to be fixed.
  • Kim Weiss
    Kim Weiss Member ✭✭
    The Mondo patch was a partial fix at best. I can now sync the accounts, but it appears that some transactions may not have transferred correctly. Cloud sync does not work and results in the attached error message.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Once your desktop file is accounts are in order, you should reset the cloud file to match it up with the desktop. 
  • Kim Weiss
    Kim Weiss Member ✭✭
    After a couple of hours (and several backups along the way), I think everything is resolved now. I am able to download transactions to all accounts (except Apple Card, which is a completely separate issue) and perform a cloud sync.
  • Munder
    Munder Member
    Sync to cloud not happening on Quicken shutdown after account renewal.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you noticed the latest patch fix, R 33.24, which is supposed to fix this issue ...
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7893464/windows-r33-xx-release-us#latest

This discussion has been closed.