Capital One quicken balance way off

William
William Member ✭✭
When I connect my Capital One accounts to Quicken now, it changes my balance by thousands automatically without my permission. I have to then trash my entire file and restore every time. Anyone else having this issues. Capital One just recently converted all bank customers to this new online Simple checking. When i reconnect the accounts using the 360 login it seems to automatically download everything and update my quicken balance without my permission to a balance that is just way off. I don't have auto download enabled either but it seems to do it regardless.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @William,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

How long ago did you first notice this issue first started happening? Also, when the download finishes did you notice if it downloads duplicate transactions that were already downloaded and added to your registers in the past?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• William
    William Member ✭✭
    Its the latest version of Quicken for Windows through my subscription. The most recent build updated a few weeks ago. the issue first started happening immediately after Capital One converted all branch bank accounts to their new 360 Simple Checking accounts. When I reconnect it does not give me the option of actually checking for duplicate transactions and I don't see duplicate transactions in the download list either but it does say that it downloaded a few thousand transactions and then my balances are wayyyy off on both accounts but I don't see any duplicate transactions in the register. It seems to be bug because it just auto changes/downloads everything to the point that I have to delete my entire file and restore from backup because the webconnect changes all the balances without my permission and despite transactions being cleared from the past..
  • William
    William Member ✭✭
    Version R33.22
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for providing additional information.

Could you please provide the date of the last transaction that was downloaded successfully prior to this issue started to occur? Also, when the (messed up) download finishes, are you able to see what the earliest date on the new downloaded transactions are?

If you would like to check this without affecting your current file and needing to restore a backup again, you can navigate to File > Save a copy as..., and open and use the copied file for this. Afterwards, you can switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file:
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know what you find!

-Quicken Anja

• William
    William Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Date of last transaction download was 5/20. on 5/21 capital one switched all branch accounts to their new 360 account. Now if I reconnect it messed up my balance by 10 thousand or so. hmm there seems no way to fix this other than start my entire quicken file from scratch which is not a solution. I will add when I download with the new 360 checking login, it states that it download 3k in transactions but then doesn't actually show them anywhere. It seems as if it some how just adding behind the scenes or hidden on the register. I'm not sure what is going on but its def some kind of strange bug either in the software or in the way it handles the download from Capital One 360s new login.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2021
    Thank you for the additional information.

Another route you can take instead of starting a new file from scratch is to deactivate the existing account and add it as a new account. Then, move the transactions from the old account to the new account and once the transactions have been moved, you can then delete the old account and move forward with the new account. 

Let me know if this is something you would like to try and I will go ahead and provide instructions for you, if needed.

-Quicken Anja

• William
    William Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    So I figured out the issue. Evidently it was automatically changing the opening balance from 2011 to some strange amounts on both accounts. I corrected that number to what it should be after I connected and its fine now. Very strange... not sure why it downloaded that way