Have seen many problems posted about issues with Vanguard account downloading.

Michael42
Michael42 Member ✭✭
Is this a major problem with Quicken/Vanguard that I might experience as well?

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    @michael42, the "Vanguard issues" pertain to downloading from Vanguard into Q.
    Q 2012, which you state that you're running, lost the ability to download on 4/30/2015 ... so as long as you stay on the current product (which I don't advise) you shouldn't have these issues at all.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The online downloading issues with Vanguard - appear to involve people with multiple accts at Vanguard,
    and the download process getting confused as to where the transactions go....  
    I have not encountered this issue with our 2 different user accts.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Michael42
    Michael42 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Entering transactions manually is getting to be an issue - guess I should upgrade and get back to the convenience of auto updates.

Thanks everyone for the comments on my question.

M.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Michael42

Thank you for taking the time to visit us to ask your question! There is an ongoing intermittent issue with Vanguard available here

To be able to give the best answer can you please tell us if you are new to Quicken or new to Vanguard?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Michael42
    Michael42 Member ✭✭
    I have used several versions of Quicken over many years - currently Quicken 2012 R2 (21.1.2.12) which I'm thinking of upgrading. But if Vanguard downloads are a problem I'd rather not.

Thanks
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I switched all my accounts (Roths, Trads, non-qual - multiple family members) to Vanguard earlier this year and have had no problem downloading the transactional detail to quicken.  One issue was self-inflicted: if you 'customize' the view at the Vanguard website, whatever you hide will not download to Quicken - took me a while to realize that.  I am on the most current version of quicken, R33.24
  • Michael42
    Michael42 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Mark, a couple more positive comments may be what it'll take for me to more seriously consider an update.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael42 said:
    Thanks Mark, a couple more positive comments may be what it'll take for me to more seriously consider an update.
    Not sure where those Vanguard comments are coming from....
    Have had the Vanguard legacy Mutual Fund Only accts - downloaded - no problems.
    Converted our Mutual Fund only accts to the Vanguard Brokerage acct - downloaded - no problems
    Setup Roth IRA - downloaded - no problems

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    @michael42, the "Vanguard issues" pertain to downloading from Vanguard into Q.
    Q 2012, which you state that you're running, lost the ability to download on 4/30/2015 ... so as long as you stay on the current product (which I don't advise) you shouldn't have these issues at all.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The online downloading issues with Vanguard - appear to involve people with multiple accts at Vanguard,
    and the download process getting confused as to where the transactions go....  
    I have not encountered this issue with our 2 different user accts.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Michael42
    Michael42 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Entering transactions manually is getting to be an issue - guess I should upgrade and get back to the convenience of auto updates.

Thanks everyone for the comments on my question.

M.
This discussion has been closed.