Customized Portfolio View - Return Calculations Date

I know there is a portfolio preference for setting a date from which to show return calculations. What I need is this same feature to set for a portfolio customize view. I have a customized view that holds a basket of stocks I am tracking and the view returns data for stocks I previously owned several years ago (for example Income) and purchased again years later. So in my case the customized view return calculations are incorrect unless i set the date to exclude those past purchased for my entire portfolio. Any work arounds to address this issue?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Portfolio views, you can set the starting analysis date at Options > Portfolio preferences.

The ending date is the As of date at the top of the Portfolio page. 

These dates affect all the portfolio views so you must change the settings if you want different settings for different views.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Member ✭✭
    Yes, I know thanks. Looking for a way to specify this info just for a specific customized portfolio view not for all my views or default value view for example. It would seem logical to have this option to customize a view.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That might be a nice enhancement but if they make the starting and ending ("As of") dates settable on a per-view basis, I think they should make both the starting and ending dates visible on the view. Also currently the As of date defaults to today for all views and if you change it, the change sticks until you restart Quicken.  

For me it is confusing to have the starting date hidden away in the portfolio preferences
    QWin Premier subscription