Why doesn't Quicken recognize my bank account password?

RMSmith
RMSmith Member
I have 2 different banks connected to my Quicken account. One works fine and downloads transactions like it's supposed to. The other was working fine until a few days ago. Now it's telling me to change the password for my bank account. I have changed the password several times and still can't download transactions. I've tried setting up a new account but this still won't recognize the password I enter for my bank.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021
    Hello @RMSmith,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Also, what is the name of the financial institution you are experiencing this issue with? And which connection method are you using to connect (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RMSmith
    RMSmith Member
    Version 6.2.1 (Build 602.38957.100)
    macOS 10.14.6

Institution = Longshoremen's Local 4 FCU (in Washington state)

I believe I'm using Direct Connect but I'm not sure how to verify the connection method.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the additional information.
    RMSmith said:
    I believe I'm using Direct Connect but I'm not sure how to verify the connection method.
    To verify the connection method, please open the account register then navigate to Settings on the bottom-right > Downloads > Connection Type.

Let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.