Trying to update bank login

My client has changed her ID & password with the Bank. I went to Account Settings -> Downloads-> Update Login. I get a pop up to enter the info I use to sign into the bank. It says Signing into your bank account->Processing," then reverts to the pop up that says "Account Credentials for Bank" with the old ID prefilled and the password blank.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Marika Young
    Thank you for visiting us here in the Community to share your issue. To fix this you will need to deactivate the account(s) then delete the stored password from the keychain and last reconnect the account.
    First, deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institution

To deactivate an account, select the account you wish to deactivate and follow the steps below.
    1. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Select the Downloads tab.
    3. Click on Disconnect Account.
    4. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI.
    5. Quit Quicken.
    Second, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain
    1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to log in and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
    5. Third, update the bank list in Quicken
    Lastly, reconnect the accounts using the Add Account method.
    1. Select the (+) in the top right to act as if a new account is being added.
    2. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    3. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Please let me know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Marika Young
    Marika Young Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Tyka for the clear instructions! I did run into one problem at the very end: I linked all of the accounts and when I did that it created new accounts for both active and closed accounts. How do I correct this?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Marika Young

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The best way to move forward would be to remove the duplicated accounts and try to connect once more.

When reconnecting the accounts, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken. Be sure that the accounts are not listed as ADD and this will add new accounts.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.