Quicken freezes when I try to backup to an external drive

I have Quicken version R33.24 and build 27.1.33.24. I have Windows and have always backed up to an external drive. Since I downloaded this build, Quicken freezes my computer when I try to manually backup the file. I like to add the current date to the backup. I have re-booted, validated, and anything else I can think of and it is still happening. This has happened a lot more recently. Is there another work around that might work?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Hawkeye81

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with freezing when trying to backup to your external drive. I'm wondering what exactly is causing the issue. It could potentially be that the recent patch may not have installed correctly. One step we may be able to take here would be to try a mondo patch to see if that may help us. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Hawkeye81

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize for any frustration this has caused.

I have a few questions to help me isolate the cause of this behavior. Are you able to successfully save a backup anywhere else on the computer? Are you able to open the external hard drive without issue?

Do you run any 3rd party software that backups the computer or Quicken? The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~