Citi Balance is Changing

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: My CITI card account has stopped updating..

Comments

• Tom Claffy
    Tom Claffy Member ✭✭
    Options
    My card has not been updating for weeks now after an error and I could not reconnect. Suddenly yesterday, after resetting my password on my site to a 15 character password from my old 50 character encrypted password, I could connect, BUT, after the download, I see a message that Citi is updating my transactions and my transactions and my balance get completely corrupted. Prior to the download, the transactions and balance agree perfectly with my online account. After the new download and their update, my balance is completely wrong. It looks to me like the after ledger is treating charges as credits and payments as debits. Something is very wrong with Citi. I won't use a card that I can't monitor thru direct connect daily. Looks like Citi has really lost their way to me. Time to walk away. Senior Programmer/Analyst with 20+ years quicken user here and records since 2002. Not a newbie. No file errors, Not a misunderstanding. I can restore my backup, connect to Citi now, and reproduce this all day long.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Tom Claffy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. I'm wondering what exactly is causing this issue as it seems like a couple of users have been having similar issues with Citibank. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you get some kind of transaction that turns your balance positive instead of negative like it should be, it can look like the charges and payments are reversed.  The color of the balance can give an indication that this has happened, you can also turn on the Amount column so you can see the signs of the transactions.  Charges will be negative and in red.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/