Chase download - payments downloaded as deposits

I schedule a bill Payment from Quicken then an update sends it to Chase correctly. When the payment is cleared at Chase it then downloads to Quicken incorrectly. It used to match and clear in the Quicken Register to complete the cycle. Now, it clears what is there but also adds it as a Deposit to the register. I have to then delete the deposit.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SteveBoat

Thank you for visiting the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have a few questions to help me better understand what could be happening. First, are you using Quicken Bill Manager to make payments for are you using Bank Bill pay through Chase?

Does this occur for every bill pay transaction or just certain ones? Last, how long have you been experiencing this issue?  The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • SteveBoat
    SteveBoat Member
    Thanks for the response. I'm a long time Quicken for Windows user but this just started happening a 5 or 6 weeks ago. I schedule payments from the Bills & Income tab. Some are monthly and set up in the Manage Bill and Income Reminders area and others are when bills come into the Bills & Income tab from various companies. I do not schedule them directly in Chase - they are sent to Chase from Quicken. It happens for all bills.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SteveBoat

Thank you for the update. I'm wondering here do you know if the deposit is coming in from the download or is it the bill reminder that's showing as the deposit? Depending on which it is we could see if we're able to correct it in order to them them properly linking again. You can double check by seeing which has a downloaded ID. This is done by selecting the column in the top right of the register and selecting downloaded ID. Double check to see which one is missing the ID. 

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know and we'll continue seeing what we can do to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • SteveBoat
    SteveBoat Member
    Thanks. It happens for payments based on monthly reminders and for other payments that are also initiated from the Bills & Income tab. I'll try looking at the download ID's when I make my next payment - in early June. Thanks again.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @SteveBoat

Thanks for the update. Please let us know once you get the chance!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • SteveBoat
    SteveBoat Member
    So, I made a payment via the Bills & Income tab although the bill didn't show up there. Bills no longer seem to come into Quicken. I paid based on the billers email. The payment went to my register as a Payment and after an update, went to Chase. Chase then paid the bill.
    I then did an update in Quicken. The bill cleared in the register and again, it also added the same transaction as a Deposit.

There is a Download ID in the register for the Cleared Payment but none for the Deposit even though it didn't appear until after the update that Cleared the Payment.

From what you said earlier I think this might be something in the Payments & Income tab. Bills stopped showing up there awhile ago. I tried to remove and then re-add the Biller from the Bills & Income tab but it wouldn't let me. It said I have a pending payment, which I do not.

Please let me know if you have ideas. Thanks for the help.
  • SteveBoat
    SteveBoat Member
    This morning I made a payment from the Chase website. When I did a Quicken update, it added the Payment to the register as a Deposit without a download ID.

Very curious.