Downloading Capital Group/American Funds Accounts

Previous to March 2021, I have been able to download my transactions from my American Funds, now Capital Group. I get an error message, but am unable to see what the error message is.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rhillig,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, aside from the error message, is there an error code associated with the message that you could provide us with here, if visible, please? And if you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop a screenshot to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rhillig
    rhillig Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I am using version R33.19 Build 27.1.33.19

I did attempt the remedies posted here:
    [Removed-Security]

It did not help.

While I was on that page, a support chat popped up & I was contacted by support there.
    However, they wanted me to pay $149 to fix my problems.

They were telling me this is my issues.

Root Cause of the Issue:

1. PST File (Backup File) Of Quicken: Corrupted

2. 60% Microsoft Application Services Stopped Working

3. Data Folders (Emails) got lost

4. Email data is not synchronizing with microsoft exchnage server properly and with hand held devices.

However, everything else on my computer is working - so I don't believe this is a true problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @rhilling Thank you for your response and for providing additional information as well as screenshots.

However, I believe you may have contacted a scam/phishing company as Quicken Support is available to you as part of your subscription at no additional cost. Please, click here to be redirected to the correct link found on our website in order to contact Quicken Support.

Additionally, I also recommend reviewing and following the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-209 as shown in your screenshot.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.