Can't add tax to invoices in newly created AR accounts

Hi! I recently added a new AR account for USD invoicing, and for some of those invoices I need to charge tax (HST). I have my CAD invoicing account that I created a long time ago, and my invoice form in that AR account works fine and shows the tax column where I can select the tax code that should be applied, and the tax account selection field is shown at the bottom. But, when I create a new AR account, whether USD or CAD, the invoice form in the new account does not show tax anywhere. I don't have any tax column showing in the form, and there is no option to select a tax account at the bottom.

I found a past thread on here from May 2nd about this, and I tried following the advice on there: I reverted to a previous version of Quicken, and while it did work to show the tax fields in the invoice form in a newly created AR account, it would not let me create a USD AR account, which is what I need. So that workaround didn't actually work for me. I then went back to the current version and am back to the original problem: I can create a USD AR account, but I can't get tax column or tax selection box to show on the invoice form. Interestingly, when I print an invoice from that account the missing tax column shows up on the PDF! BUT, it shows zero tax because I wasn't able to access that in the create-invoice form at all. Can anyone help me? I spent almost an hour and a half with phone support today and the person wasn't able to help me.

Thank you for any guidance on this!
Tagged:

Answers

• Manya
    Manya Member ✭✭
    I forgot to add that I'm using Quicken Canada Home & Business for Windows. Version R32.10, but tried rolling back to versions R25.22 and R28.15 with no luck, as described above.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27
    [Removed]
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Manya

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that you are experiencing this. This is a known issue. There is currently a staged release being rolled out to correct this.

Please keep an eye out for a new update in the Quicken program. Once you are able to update please let us know if the update corrects this issue.

-Quicken Tyka

CTP-2104
    ~~~***~~~
  • Manya
    Manya Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka and thank you for your response! I have tried creating a new AR account in many ways. Whether I set it up from the Business Tab or Tools>Add Account, the setup screens and process is the same. The only things I can select or toggle on/off, are the Name of the account, and the Currency. There is never an option shown where I can enable sales tax tracking. When I set up my CAD invoicing account many years ago, I was able to enable tax tracking, and a Sales Tax account was created for that account. But now when I create any new AR account there is nowhere that shows me any options related to enabling tax tracking. I have attached some screenshots in case that helps. They are what I see when I set up a new AR account, and it's the same whether I create it from the Business tab or the Tools menu. The screenshots didn't get uploaded in order, but if you look at them 1-4 you can see the progression, with 4 being the invoice form with tax sections missing.

Thanks for your help to hopefully figure this out!
  • Manya
    Manya Member ✭✭
    I just saw your second post here. Thank you for that info @Quicken_Tyka ! I will definitely look out for new updates. Do you know when the update will be released? Even approximately?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Manya said:
    I just saw your second post here. Thank you for that info @Quicken_Tyka ! I will definitely look out for new updates. Do you know when the update will be released? Even approximately?
    Hello @Manya

Unfortunately we do not know when the staged release will be made available to all Users, however, if you would prefer to not wait, you may still download and install this newest release from here.

Hope this info helps and if you do decide to install the release, please let us know if you continue to experience an issue with the sales tax tracking or if it is resolved for you.

Thanks again!

Sarah
  • Manya
    Manya Member ✭✭
    edited May 27
    Thanks, @Quicken Sarah - I did install that release you linked to, thank you. I think it's the same as the recent update I did through my Quicken software yesterday, R33.7. I am still not offered the choice of enabling tax tracking when creating a new A/R account. The only difference that I can see is that when I go into Edit Account, I can change the currency of the A/R account whenever I want. If I make it CAD then I can enable tax tracking in the account edit screen. However, if I choose USD or any other foreign currency it disables the tax tracking selection buttons and greys them out in the not-enabled position.

I've attached a few screenshots of this:
    - CAD selected with tax tracking available to be selected Yes or No;
    - CAD selected with tax tracking enabled and you can see it greyed-out the currency selection dropdown so I can change the currency from CAD once I've said yes to tax tracking; and
    - USD selected and you can see that tax tracking selection options are totally greyed out.

It seems as though Quicken won't let me track sales tax for invoices that are in any currency other than Canadian. Is this normal? Since the CRA requires that I charge Canadian clients HST even if I'm billing them in USD, surely Quicken should have a way of helping me track this collected tax, right?

Thank you for your help! I hope this can be resolved soon.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Manya

Thank you for the response and for letting us know the results of the recent patch although, I apologize that this issue persists. I will need to get clarification if this is working as designed because of the currency or if this is part of the existing bug. 

I will be back with an update as soon as I have more details. Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to report this issue to the Community.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Manya
    Manya Member ✭✭
    Thank you, @Quicken_Tyka , I'll look out for more info here. Hopefully they can work on this for a quick solution! I appreciate all the assistance here.