Quicken Mobile iOS Connectivity Error with BofA

How can I fix the Quicken Mobile on iOS connectivity error with Bank of America?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @James Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist your further.

Could you please provide the exact error message and/or code you are receiving? Also, could please provide which desktop version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Windows: Help > About Quicken
    • Mac: Quicken > About Quicken

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @James Courtney

Thanks for the update and letting us know you're still having issue. I'm wondering here if it might need to be reset individually for it to connect properly.

One thing you can attempt here is to go to the mobile tab and remove the BofA account. Sync to the cloud and double check to make sure the account isn't showing. Once you've done so repeat the steps but add the account back instead.

Once you've done so let us know if the BofA account is still having issues properly connecting. We'll look at additional steps if needed. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @James Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist your further.

Could you please provide the exact error message and/or code you are receiving? Also, could please provide which desktop version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Windows: Help > About Quicken
    • Mac: Quicken > About Quicken

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• James Courtney
    James Courtney Member ✭✭
    The BofA accounts on Quicken Mobile iOS show "Connectivity Error: Swipe to fix." When I tap "Fix It" the message is to go to the BofA website and log in and complete any required actions, I have done this on my iPhone both through Safari and the BofA app on my iPhone. After I tap on "Try Again" I am back to the same "Connectivity Error..." status for my BofA accounts.

My desktop Quicken Premier is Version: R33.24 Build: 27.1.33.24 run in Windows 10 Home version 21H1 in a Parallels virtual machine on my late 2014 vintage iMac (updated to latest MacOS Big Sur 11.4). One Step Update works without any problems with my BofA accounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    @James Courtney Thank you for the additional information.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    8. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    9. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    10. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the error still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• James Courtney
    James Courtney Member ✭✭
    I tried the procedure above and I still see the connectivity error in Quicken Mobile on my iPhone. I should note that this started after I changed my password for BofA, but I changed the password in the Password Vault in Quicken Premier and One Step Update works with my BofA accounts.

I also noticed that the Online Balance in Quicken Mobile for my BofA checking account matches what is shown when I access my BofA accounts through a web browser, so maybe the error is the connectivity error message itself.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @James Courtney

Thanks for the update and letting us know you're still having issue. I'm wondering here if it might need to be reset individually for it to connect properly.

One thing you can attempt here is to go to the mobile tab and remove the BofA account. Sync to the cloud and double check to make sure the account isn't showing. Once you've done so repeat the steps but add the account back instead.

Once you've done so let us know if the BofA account is still having issues properly connecting. We'll look at additional steps if needed. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• James Courtney
    James Courtney Member ✭✭
    Yes, that procedure resolved the error with my BofA accounts on Quicken Mobile.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.