i just updated quicken to 6.2.0 for MAC, it will no longer update my bank account

Rvandam
Rvandam Member
bank account will not update

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What bank? What connection type do you have set up? What happens when you try to download transactions? Is there an error message?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rvandam
    Rvandam Member
    Wells Fargo, WIFI connection running quicken 6.2.0, and MAC 11.3, shows partial download, -30
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Connection type: I meant the connection type you see when you go to account settings: is it Direct Connect or Quicken Connect?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rvandam
    Rvandam Member
    it looks like quicken connect
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021
    Hello @Rvandam,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest following the troubleshooting instructions provided below in an attempt to resolve the -30 error code you are receiving.

Step 1: Deactivate the account(s)

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. In the List column, find the account(s) causing the error and uncheck any accounts with this bank (be sure to uncheck all accounts with the bank, even if they're not showing an error). NOTE: If you don't have any accounts checked in the List column, skip this step and click OK
    3. Click each account name in the list displayed down the side of Quicken to open the register (one at a time)
    4. Click the Settings gear in the lower right corner of the register view
    5. Click on the Downloads tab
    6. Click Disconnect Account (repeat steps 3 through 6 to deactivate each account for the affected bank)

Step 2: Reactivate and link the account(s)

1. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated (choose Checking if more than one account type applies)
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the banks, click the My bank is not listed question mark to update the bank list; when the list finishes updating, it should display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    3. Type the name of your bank and select it from the list, then enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. Quicken will display a list of all accounts you have with this bank. Carefully link each of these accounts to the appropriate account you have set up in Quicken.

NOTE: this process will download up to 90 days of transactions from your bank. If you find duplicate transactions in your account(s), you can delete these transactions from the account register.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Guy A
    Guy A Member
    I am having the same problem. I did an update today and following the update, one of my checking accounts (the main account I use for quicken) does not update any new transactions. When I follow the Steps above this is what happens. When I go into Hide and Show Accounts, the account which I am interested is already unchecked as are the two other accounts at this bank which I do not care to track - despite the fact that those two other accounts are updating just fine. When I go to disconnect accounts, I can disconnect the two accounts that are working, but the account that does not update already shows as not connected. I tried a few times to go into settings for the account that does not update and I tried to set up Quicken Connect. When I select the bank and enter the ID and password, the dialog box only finds the other two accounts at the bank and asks if I want to connect them again, but the account I want to connect does not appear as a choice - even though I know this account is also at this bank under the same ID and password. Quicken only seems to find the other two accounts at Wells Fargo and not the amount that I want to connect.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Guy A

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.