Quicken Mysteriously Deletes Many Register Records During Transaction Matching
I spend all month manually entering transactions for a credit card as they occur (a Chase card in this example), and then about once a month use the Update Transactions feature to download and match those transactions. I have discovered that if you delete a single manually entered transaction in the register while in the middle of the matching transaction process it can wreck havoc on the register, mysteriously deleting MOST of the previously manually entered transactions and presenting everything that was previously automatically matched as new unaccepted transactions. This happened last month and I discarded it as my mistake. But it happened again this month; it is clearly an issue with Quicken. I have been using this product for decades, and this feature for years. This is the first time I found a problem with its data integrity and since I am not taking any steps that I haven't taken for years, suspect it is an issue with a recent update.