Red flags but no new transactions

This discussion was created from comments split from: Transaction Flags are lit, but no new Transactions.

Comments

• aliceperryman2
    aliceperryman2 Member ✭✭
    I have looked through and tried to copy my file like it says to do in the help suggestion but my file won't copy. I need to deactivate and then redo this bank account with my bank b/c they upgraded their system but I can't get past it thinking I have transactions and then it won't copy. I keep getting the message "file NOT copied"
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @aliceperryman2

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you're having a couple of different issues but got stuck with red flags on some of your registers. I'd recommend taking a look at the article down below as it will have various different steps to help with the red flags.

FAQ: Quicken Windows - red flag but no transactions to review bug — Quicken

Once you've had the chance to review the article let us know if you're able to fix the issue. If you are we'll work on any additional issues you may have.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have looked through and tried to copy my file like it says to do in the help suggestion but my file won't copy. I need to deactivate and then redo this bank account with my bank b/c they upgraded their system but I can't get past it thinking I have transactions and then it won't copy. I keep getting the message "file NOT copied"

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• aliceperryman2
    aliceperryman2 Member ✭✭
    I have done all these things. I need to be able to make a 202 year end copy and it won't let me because of the issue. It won't copy my file to validate or anything. Driving me nuts.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done all these things. I need to be able to make a 202 year end copy and it won't let me because of the issue. It won't copy my file to validate or anything. Driving me nuts.

Are you saying that you performed all the steps of Troubleshooting 101, exactly as specified?
    And despite all of that, you still can't get your data file copied.
    What error messages are you getting?
    Where in the process do you get stuck?
    More details, please.
  • aliceperryman2
    aliceperryman2 Member ✭✭
    I have gone through each step and it will appear as though it's going to clear the transaction but it continues to come back. I did the validate and repair and it said the file was repaired, but then when I tried to deactivate the online account it tells me it can't deactivate because there is a transaction that has to be accepted. I tried to close the account so I could start fresh, but it won't let me close the account because it says there is a transaction that has to be accepted.
  • aliceperryman2
    aliceperryman2 Member ✭✭
    It won't let me copy the file. Any time I ask it to copy it says File Not copied.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @aliceperryman2

Thank you for the response and the additional details although, I apologize for any frustration this issue has caused.

To bypass the File Not Copied Message, please see the steps and information available here.  Please let us know if this allows you to create the year-end copy.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • aliceperryman2
    aliceperryman2 Member ✭✭
    I did the steps in your message and it still would not copy the file. I was able to do validate and repair and the log said it fixed the data errors, but the file still did not copy. After doing the steps above I got a message about partially deleted files or something. I may have to run it again to get the exact error message. And I still have the red flags. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to make a new data file.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @aliceperryman2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you continue to experience these issues.

Usually, when a data file is unable to be copied and the workaround for that "File not copied"-error message, as previously provided by Quicken_Tyka, fails; it would indicate that there is data file corruption/damage present in your current data file. In which case, we would advise that you either restore from a backup file that was saved prior to when the data corruption/damage occurred or starting a new data file.

That being said and since, unfortunately, the previous troubleshootin instructions provided have failed thus far, at this point, I do recommend that you first reach out to Quicken Support directly, before moving forward with starting a new data file, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I do apologize that the efforts from here in the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.