Vanguard- I can't set up accounts on my Mac

Every time I try to set up an brokerage account with Vanguard I get the following message:

"Oops We're having a problem. Quicken cannot communicate with Vanguard"

This has occured as i have tried to set up the account a few times over the last couple weeks.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Wiep

Thank you for the additional information. Vanguard users have been experiencing some issues for a bit but the issue seems to vary heavily person to person. I would recommend contacting Vanguard as Quicken does not have access to the financial institution's servers to correct the problem. I'll leave their link down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

https://about.vanguard.com/contact-us.html

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Wiep

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would begin by resetting the cloud. To do so, please see the steps below.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.
    Once this has been completed, please attempt to add the vanguard accounts once more and let me know the results.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Wiep
    Wiep Member ✭✭
    I still get the same "OOPS Quicken can't connect right now."
    I went Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services and under "Cloud Account" pressed "Reset" A message popped up "Reset Quicken Cloud Reset will discard any Quicken Connected Services data that exists on the Quicken Cloud and replace it with information from your current Quicken File. I then pressed Reset. I then got the message "Resetting data in Quicken Cloud." This reset took a minute or so. I then tried to set up my Vanguard brokerage account and receive the "00Ps" message above.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Wiep

Thank you for the additional information. Vanguard users have been experiencing some issues for a bit but the issue seems to vary heavily person to person. I would recommend contacting Vanguard as Quicken does not have access to the financial institution's servers to correct the problem. I'll leave their link down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

https://about.vanguard.com/contact-us.html

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Wiep
    Wiep Member ✭✭
    Finally back to this problem.
    Vanguard said if I can't connect to them it is a Quicken issue.

Let me review what I did for your original response on my Mac.
    Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services
    Cloud Account nicknamed "Quicken"
    Pressed "Reset"
    Pop up message "Reset will discard ... & replace from current Quicken file."
    Logged out of Quicken and restarted.
    Went straight to adding Vanguard.
    Again got "Opps we are having a problem" "Quicken makes a secure connection to Vanguard in order to download your account information. Quicken is having a problem connecting right now. What would you like to do?"
    Would one of the other options here help me? (Try again has never worked)
    - Change the way Quicken connects to Vanguard, or
    - Set up Manual account? (I don't want to continually add data manually but I could set up the accounts)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021
    Hello @Wiep,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes; It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support directly instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. Our support agents may need to collect and review your log files to investigate the internal error and discover the root cause of this issue which may result in requiring an escalation to be filed.

Additionally, they also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.