Getting "Please try again" on password change

Dianne P
Dianne P Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
I logged into my account on the web and clicked into the security/change password window. When I enter in my new password twice and click submit I get "Please try again, and if it still does not work, let us know." I have tried several times. I did have a special character in my password which I removed and tried and still did not work.

Please assist, Dianne

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dianne P

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your Quicken profile account and I see that the password change failed due to incorrect credentials. Do you recall any additional messages when attempting to change the password? 

If you have not already, can you change changing the password while using another browser? Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dianne P
    Dianne P Member ✭✭
    I normally use Chrome as my browser but opened the Microsoft browser and tried to change it there and got the same message. I then remembered I was logged on Quicken on my phone and logged it off there as well. I reopened the Microsoft browser and tried to update it.

I copied the screen I received and it appears it's attached. Let me know what you want me to try next.

Dianne
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dianne P

Thank you for the response and include a screenshot. If you select the box "Show New Password" can you please confirm that the passwords both match?

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dianne P
    Dianne P Member ✭✭
    When I click show password it only shows the first password. I know that’s important so I’ve been very careful to type them in the same. I do have a special character in my password. Could that be a problem?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What "account on the web" are you trying to log into?  A bank/card/etc?  Or your Quicken account?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dianne P
    Dianne P Member ✭✭
    My Quicken account.
  • Dianne P
    Dianne P Member ✭✭
    Should I just try doing a forgot password? Maybe that would allow me to change it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dianne P said:
    Should I just try doing a forgot password? Maybe that would allow me to change it.

That's worth a try.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dianne P
    Dianne P Member ✭✭
    Well go figure. I just used the forgot password link and was able to update it on the web. Now to see if I can get it updated on my desktop and phone!
  • Dianne P
    Dianne P Member ✭✭
    Well, I had to go into my desktop and the password vault to change the default password but was able to do that and also update the password on my mobile device! Thank you everyone for your help!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dianne P

I am happy to hear that you were able to get this issue resolved! If you have any questions in the future please be sure to visit us here in the Community!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.