Calendar setup (Q Mac)

Options
Cip
Cip Member
When I go to Calendar, the only setup option I have is what accounts I want to use. Why are Categories, Tags, and Payees greyed out. This is the case for the default calendar as well as any custom calendar I make.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Edit Calendar screen uses the same dialog box as the selector for reports, but your only option is selecting which accounts to use in a calendar. It's not like a report, where you could have it display selected categories or Payees. You can have different calendars for different accounts or groups of accounts, so if you wanted to see credit cards separate from banking transactions separate from investment transactions, you could set up different calendars to give you those different views.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Edit Calendar screen uses the same dialog box as the selector for reports, but your only option is selecting which accounts to use in a calendar. It's not like a report, where you could have it display selected categories or Payees. You can have different calendars for different accounts or groups of accounts, so if you wanted to see credit cards separate from banking transactions separate from investment transactions, you could set up different calendars to give you those different views.
  • Cip
    Cip Member
    Options
    Interesting. I was looking to set a calendar that only shows my reoccuring transactions to help with budgeting/planning. Thanks for your response.
  • meredith
    meredith Member
    Options
    I am trying to do what CIP is trying to do. "I was looking to set a calendar that only shows my reoccurring transactions to help with budgeting/planning." Does anyone have suggestions ?
  • jacobs
    Options
    In a register, you can view your scheduled transactions, but I don't believe there's way to view only scheduled transactions in the calendar. 
This discussion has been closed.