Wells Fargo no longer supports Bank Mail

When I ran an update I got a message that says as of 1 June 2021, for users who connect to Wells Fargo via Direct Connect, "Bank Mail" will no longer be supported.

What is Bank Mail and should I be worried. ?

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report that the "Do not show this message again" checkbox fails to dismiss the message from Wells Fargo regarding the discontinuation of Bank Mail.

I have reported this behavior to our teams and will be back with any updates and/or resolution as one becomes available.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-2221)
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Michael 34 & @dougbaron

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and that you are also receiving the message regarding the discontinuation of Wells Fargo Bank Mail that returns even after being dismissed.

This is a known issue that has been escalated to our Product Teams for further investigation and resolution.

For more information and to automatically receive notification of any updates and/or resolution, please visit here  and 'bookmark' the post by clicking the bookmark icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• EdKagan
    EdKagan Member ✭✭
    When I google WF bank mail, I get this: Wells Fargo is committed to helping protect your personal and financial information and your privacy. If we send you an email that contains your personal or account information, we encrypt the email to protect your identity and information.

If you receive a Secure Email from Wells Fargo, please refer to the instructions within the email or follow the steps below to access, open, or respond. You may also view a User Guide (PDF).

If you forgot your password or need to change it, you can quickly reset your password following the steps outlined in the Password Reset (PDF).

If you receive a suspicious email claiming to be from Wells Fargo, forward the email to [email protected] and delete it. Learn how to help recognize fraudulent emails.

It looks like it's not about downloading. Fingers crossed.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder - If you go to Online Center, then select Wells Fargo in the drop down, there is a tab for "E-mail". I have periodically gotten emails from WF through that. I wonder if that is the functionality that is going away? If so, it's not a big deal to me...
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am concerned about this as well. Short fuse and not well explained.What a surprise :) I shall email Wells.
  • Marvin Gardens
    Marvin Gardens Member ✭✭
    > @Don Awalt said:
    > I wonder - If you go to Online Center, then select Wells Fargo in the drop down, there is a tab for "E-mail". I have periodically gotten emails from WF through that. I wonder if that is the functionality that is going away? If so, it's not a big deal to me...

I called WF and you are correct.
  • Helene
    Helene Member
    Quicken needs to learn how to write pop-up warnings. WF had no idea of what was meant by the message.
    Thanks for those who dug deep enough to find out what was meant.
  • Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭
    This is typical of Wells Fargo (a now horrible bank) and Quicken to confound the user. The message I got when using Quicken for downloading was " For all Wells Fargo Direct Connect Users, as of June 1, 2021, Wells Fargo will no longer support Bank mail". Logging on to WF as suggested or doing a Google Search on Bank Mail yields nothing. Community EdKagan (may 19th) comment is not related to this. That addresses general mail communications from WF to prevent fishing. Assuming @Done Awalt (5/19/21) is correct, then no big deal. The point is Quicken needed to provide an explanation of Bank Mail. Hey Quicken, just change the message to read "Wells Fargo now the capability to send messages to their customers via Quicken. This is called Bank Mail. As an enhanced security measure, effective 6-1-21, Bank Mail will be discontinued and you will need to logon to your Wells Fargo site directly to receive any messages." Now THAT would save all Quicken users TIME!!!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Q was merely conveying the message about Bank Mail.  Q did NOT originate it as the term "Bank Mail" has no meaning in Q.
    You need to contact WF to find out what the message, that THEY originated, means.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    How do I make the pop up notice stop?  Checking the box for "don't show this again" doesn't work
  • Bulldog50
    Bulldog50 Unconfirmed, Member
    I keep selecting "Don't show this message again", but I keep seeing it. Something about Wells Fargo Mail being discontinued on a ceretain date. Very annoying.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    This is a Wells Fargo issue.  The term  "Bank Mail" has no meaning in Q, which is merely conveying WF's message.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27
    NotACPA said:
    The term  "Bank Mail" has no meaning in Q
    It's true Q has never used this term. But the feature has existed forever (and I have never found a need to use it). Q calls it "Payment Email" and you access it by clicking "Status" on a Direct Connect transaction.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭
    I am getting a notification with every download for Wells Fargo that Direct Connect will no longer be supported by Quicken. It gives no details. What does it actually mean? Will downloads still be supported? Emails to them? Payments? Are they planning to charge Quicken and Wells Fargo customers now? Whom do we contact for more information? I have Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Liz Renninger I suggest that you read all the comments in this thread since this has already be explained/resolved.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    I too get this message from Wells Fargo every single time I download transactions from WF, even I though I check the box "Don't show this message again" every time. What an annoyance. 
  • jfkaess
    jfkaess Member ✭✭
    Every day when i sync with Well Fargo, i get a pop up notification telling me:

"For all Wells Fargo Direct Connect Users, as of June 1, 2021, Wells Fargo will no longer support Bank Mail. For any inquiries, please log in to your account at wellsfargo.com and navigate to Contact Us. Thank you"

The Pop Up has a button for OK and another button which says "Do :( :( :/ Not Show This Again" I've clicked on both buttons. This message pops up every day for over a month now. Neither button eliminates it from recurring. Please make this Pop Up stop.
  • jfkaess
    jfkaess Member ✭✭
    The issue is NOT what does this message mean. I really do not care at all. The issue is: why do i continue to get this message every day even when i click the box to not show this message again? I'm sure the message comes from Wells Fargo, but the inability to turn off the message is Quicken's problem. Quicken needs to have the Not Show This Message Again box to actually cause the message to not be shown again. Stop passing the buck, Quicken and fix this obvious to everyone but you, bug.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yep still happens to me every day too!!!!
  • jfkaess
    jfkaess Member ✭✭
    BTW, this bug is present in both the Windows and Mac versions of the current Quicken release.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭
    The question seems to be HOW LONG IS THIS MESSAGE GOING TO KEEP POPPING UP?
  • Frank O'Neil
    Frank O'Neil Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Need to make this pop-up stop appearing.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭
    THIS SHOULD FIX THE "POPUP"
    In quicken Go to Tools>Account List>Wells Fargo Bank>Edit>Online Services>Online Bill Payment (lower box) and see if "Bank Bill Pay" has a "yes." If it does, deactivate it in Action Box. It worked for me.
    The funny thing is that I did not activate it in the first place. Hope this works for you
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    THIS SHOULD FIX THE "POPUP"
    In quicken Go to Tools>Account List>Wells Fargo Bank>Edit>Online Services>Online Bill Payment (lower box) and see if "Bank Bill Pay" has a "yes." If it does, deactivate it in Action Box. It worked for me.
    The funny thing is that I did not activate it in the first place. Hope this works for you
    Except um, some of us are actually USING the WF bill pay - so that won't work...
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭
    I have Wells Fargo bill pay too, but I don't go thru quicken to use it.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use Wells Fargo Bill Pay to pay all my bills, so would not want to deactivate that.

Still getting the popup. On June 8th. And always clicking the "do not show this message again".
  • Getting the same message. :|
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    After ever OSU, a pop-up message informing that after June 1 Wells Fargo will not use direct connect for messaging (or words to that effect)  There is a check box at the bottom to stop this message.  The check box does not work
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hey! It didn't do it this morning for me!!!!
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭
    I guess my fix didn't work. It appears that if something is downloaded from wells fargo the popup comes up. If no download, no popup. We will just have to wait for quicken to fix it. I tried, sorry.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9
    I too am a Wells Fargo direct connect user and this message persists in showing itself during an Online Update. Somebody, please make it stop!

---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
This discussion has been closed.