Account Key change required?

mavots
mavots Member ✭✭
Since 5/12/2021, I have been unable to download transactions from my credit union:

CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.163:Invaild Wareki year. Account Key change required

Did something change with my credit union account? All other downloadable accounts are working.

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Troy M

Thank you for providing your case number with Quicken Support.  I took the liberty of reviewing your case and see that the escalation is still open and in-progress, I apologize.

Taking a look further, the "invalid Wareki year" error you are experiencing is part of our ongoing Alert, here, affecting multiple credit union financial institutions.

The 'invalid Wareki year' error is specific to the internal html scripting that Quicken uses to aggregate data from the thousands of different financial institutions we connect with.

At this time, the script error has been escalated to our service providers who are working directly with the financial institution service providers to manually find, correct and test the updated scripting for each individually affected financial institution as quickly as possible.

Our teams have reported that some of the affected financial institutions have been resolved, but they are still working to fix the remaining institutions.

You will receive an email from our escalations team once your escalated case with Quicken Support has been resolved.  Additionally, if you would like to be automatically notified as further updates and/or a resolution to this known, ongoing issue is posted in the community, please be sure to visit and bookmark the referenced alert above.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you in advance for your patience while we are working to resolve this error, thank you.

Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Troy M said:
    @Quicken Sarah the problem still persists and no word from support. Is there any other way to light a fire under Ticket 8586863? It makes me question what my Quicken subscription is for.

Hello @Troy M

Our teams continue to work to resolve this issue for all affected users.  At this time I do not have an ETA on when this on-going issue will be resolved for all and highly recommend bookmarking the Alert to automatically receive notification as updates are received for each affected financial institution.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mavots

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue. This error will require an escalation by support to correct the issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I would recommend contacting support by phone on Monday, for a review of the logs and an escalation.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • mavots
    mavots Member ✭✭
    I am bringing this up again as I have not seen a resolution here.
    As of May 12th, the download connection between Quicken and my credit union has been severed. Quicken returns error: "CP_SCRIPT_ERROR_:ccscrape.163:invalid Wareki year . Account Key change required"

Quicken chat support suggested closing the account and resetting the name and password. After the reset, an error message returns: "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.163)"

I contacted the credit union and they mostly have no idea what Quicken is. (Not fair as they are customer support, not tech support) At one point they mentioned something about a recent server update. Again, I don't think they knew what that meant and I did not get a date when the server update took place, but it seems like that could be a key to the issue. I'm waiting to hear back from the CU's tech support but am not confident that will happen.

I saw this issue brought up in April with no solution given and the discussion closed. I'm resurrecting this as it seems to be fairly common.

Has anyone figured this one out??
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downloads from MANY credit unions are currently not working.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mavots, Did you ever follow-up on Tyka's suggestion?  What was the outcome?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mavots
    mavots Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I wonder what all these credit unions have in common?
  • mavots
    mavots Member ✭✭
    NotACPA, I worked with Quicken via their chat portal. Not the best experience with those, anywhere.
    Its much better to talk to a real person, however, I have not had the energy to deal with this again right now.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mavots

Thank you for the response although, I apologize that chat support was unable to assist.

The CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.163:Invaild Wareki year will require an escalation to resolve this issue. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I would recommend contacting support by phone for a review of the logs and an escalation. Quicken Care has additional tools to review and resolves online banking issues that the Community does not have.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Troy M
    Troy M Member ✭✭
    I reported this over a month ago using the support method mentioned above, and spoke on the phone. Ticket ID 8586863. A couple weeks ago I called to check, and was told that it had been "escalated" and that I just had to wait.

Surely this isn't normal. I've been unable to access my two Harborstone Credit Union accounts for over a month via Quicken download. Still the same "ccscrape.163:Invalid Wariki year" error.

Helppppp!!!!!!!
  • Troy M
    Troy M Member ✭✭
    @mavots @Quicken_Tyka have you seen any progress on this?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you called your bank and complained to their IT Support or upper management?
    I believe it is up to them to fix this issue.
  • mavots
    mavots Member ✭✭
    No word from the credit union's IT people, yes, HCU! I only have about 6-8 transactions a month with them so it's not the end of the world, but still, this is unacceptable. At this point I don't know if it is a HCU issue or a broader credit union one.
  • Troy M
    Troy M Member ✭✭
    Thanks, @mavots . Gee I'm not sure why this topic is marked "Answered". From what I understood, it's up to Quicken to update their "account key" to conform to the new format the credit unions have adopted. I had supplied all the log files requested by Quicken to their support about a month ago, so I'm not sure why they haven't done anything about it. Any ideas, @Quicken_Tyka?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Troy M  "Answered" simply means someone posted a reply to a question; it doesn't mean the question was resolved. (When it is, the status can be changed to "Answer Accepted."

Quicken uses an outside service provider (Intuit) to manage connectivity services. It's up to each financial institution to communicate with Intuit in advance of any changes to their servers or sites. There's no way to know whether your credit union did this or not, so sometimes it takes users reporting problems to put this on the radar. Generally, Intuit tackles changes for large financial institutions most quickly and small ones more slowly. Unfortunately, there's no way we can find out the status of an issue with a particular financial institution; even the moderators here don't generally have information about Intuit's status on an issue.

Hopefully someone from the Quicken moderator team will reply and perhaps have more information; I was just trying to explain why things often seem like nothing is happening although there may be work going on behind the scenes.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Troy M

Thank you for providing your case number with Quicken Support.  I took the liberty of reviewing your case and see that the escalation is still open and in-progress, I apologize.

Taking a look further, the "invalid Wareki year" error you are experiencing is part of our ongoing Alert, here, affecting multiple credit union financial institutions.

The 'invalid Wareki year' error is specific to the internal html scripting that Quicken uses to aggregate data from the thousands of different financial institutions we connect with.

At this time, the script error has been escalated to our service providers who are working directly with the financial institution service providers to manually find, correct and test the updated scripting for each individually affected financial institution as quickly as possible.

Our teams have reported that some of the affected financial institutions have been resolved, but they are still working to fix the remaining institutions.

You will receive an email from our escalations team once your escalated case with Quicken Support has been resolved.  Additionally, if you would like to be automatically notified as further updates and/or a resolution to this known, ongoing issue is posted in the community, please be sure to visit and bookmark the referenced alert above.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you in advance for your patience while we are working to resolve this error, thank you.

Sarah
  • mavots
    mavots Member ✭✭
    Thanks @jacobs. I agree with your assessment. Larger financial institutions might even have Quicken savvy techs who know a server adjustment on their end could affect downloading. If not, the largest banks will get Quicken's attention first.
    I recall this happened before (or something similar) and it took a few weeks to get resolved. I vaguely recall having to disconnect/re-connect the account once the key was fixed. This seems to be taking longer.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I've seen notes about "invalid Wareki year" before but never knew what it meant until I just looked it up. It's a special date format used in Japan. So for anyone else who's curious…

The Wareki year is a date format which is sometimes used in Japan. Although the date format "YY/MM/DD" is used in Japan, businesses often use a special date convention that shows the year of the current era. Eras are denoted by the reign of each emperor of Japan: a new era begins with the reign of a new emperor and terminates at the death of the emperor. This date format is referred to as the Wareki date format.

The Wareki date format is "HYY/MM/DD", where H is a character for the specific era and YY is the sequential year since the start of the era. For example, the current era is Reiwa, which began on 1 May 2019 when emperor Naruhito succeeded his father, emperor Akihito, who abdicated.  So the Wareki equivalent of today's date, June 15, 2021 would be R03/06/16, because this is the third year of the Reiwa era.

Now that I've answered that curiosity, I'd love to know why Quicken, or US credit unions, would ever have date data in the Wareki format! (But I'm guessing that they don't, and that the issue is the scripting which Intuit uses somehow results in a malformed date, which the date code library used by Intuit interprets to be a Wareki date when it is not. In other words; the script is parsing the data incorrectly and needs to be updated. Like Quicken Sarah said above. ;) )

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Troy M
    Troy M Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah the problem still persists and no word from support. Is there any other way to light a fire under Ticket 8586863? It makes me question what my Quicken subscription is for.

CC: @mavots
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Troy M said:

Hello @Troy M

Our teams continue to work to resolve this issue for all affected users.  At this time I do not have an ETA on when this on-going issue will be resolved for all and highly recommend bookmarking the Alert to automatically receive notification as updates are received for each affected financial institution.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • mavots
    mavots Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @Troy M
    >
    > Our teams continue to work to resolve this issue for all affected users.  At this time I do not have an ETA on when this on-going issue will be resolved for all and highly recommend bookmarking the Alert to automatically receive notification as updates are received for each affected financial institution.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

@Quicken Sarah , It's been a month since the last update. Any news on resolving this issue? Thx, Maris
  • Troy M
    Troy M Member ✭✭
    Yes, please! Is it possible they have forgotten?
  • mavots
    mavots Member ✭✭
    This issue seems to have been fixed. Not sure when that happened, but I successfully reconnected my checking account to Harborstone today and and transactions downloaded.
This discussion has been closed.