Calculator blocks find window

I use the Calculator a lot. Anytime I use the calculator then need to open the find transaction, either ctrl+f or from the edit menu, the find window won't open unless I close the calculator. This would be OK except when I reopen the calculator it's lost the previous value. I've tried saving the value in the calculators memory but that too is lost when closing the calculator. There's no way to even copy the value to the clipboard, which would be nice for pasting values to other programs.
does anyone have any ideas on how to save the calculator values, or how to keep the calculator open while searching for transactions?

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the community.  We've reported this issue to our product teams for further review and investigation.

At this time we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, however once one is, it will be included in a future product update.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-2463)
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

We just received confirmation that a fix for this issue will be included in the upcoming R37 release.

Thank you!

Sarah

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically I only use the mini calculator when entering a transaction amount. So I'm not familiar enough with the Quicken Tools / Calculator, but ...
    Have you tried moving its window outside the Quicken window, so it doesn't get in the way of what else you're doing in Quicken?
    Have you tried using the Windows Accessories Calculator instead (I'm not talking about the Calculator App in Windows) ?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a bug. With Quicken Calc open, Find, and Find & Replace, simply don't open, whether by keyboard or menu; nothing happens. It is possible to open the Find dialog first, then the calculator.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the community.  We've reported this issue to our product teams for further review and investigation.

At this time we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, however once one is, it will be included in a future product update.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-2463)
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

We just received confirmation that a fix for this issue will be included in the upcoming R37 release.

Thank you!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.