How do I see the detail on a payroll check transaction?

Options
I have my payroll checks set up in the bills and income reminders. However, oftentime I need to edit the detail to match the pay stub. In the past, I was able to edit the check detail in the register. Now, for some reason, the detail is not showing and I can't edit the numbers.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you attempt to edit the paycheck transaction in the register as a split: select the transaction and press Ctrl + Shift + S

Answers

• DougM61
    DougM61 Member
    Options
    I have my payroll checks set up in the bills and income reminders. However, oftentime I need to edit the detail to match the pay stub. In the past, I was able to edit the check detail in the register. Now, for some reason, the detail is not showing and I can't edit the numbers.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you attempt to edit the paycheck transaction in the register as a split: select the transaction and press Ctrl + Shift + S
  • DougM61
    DougM61 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That worked. Still would like to know why I am not seeing the detail when I check on the green check mark or select edit the transaction from the dropdown.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DougM61 said:
    Thank you! That worked. Still would like to know why I am not seeing the detail when I check on the green check mark or select edit the transaction from the dropdown.
    The why is a bug in Quicken.  I suspect the paycheck's schema is corrupted when the file synchronizes with the cloud account.
This discussion has been closed.