Unidentified Security problems

For the past 4 weeks, many of my downloaded options trades trades from Schwab downloaded as "Unidentified security:" . Strangely the memo field always shows the correct security info. So for now I copy and paste the memo info into the security field.
I trade many options in a week and about 90% show up like this. Was there an update about 4 weeks ago that would have caused this problem?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your downloads from Schwab come in via Direct Connect (as do the downloads from ALL brokers).
    Using Direct Connect, the Financial Institution (Schwab in this case) is SOLELY responsible for the content of the download.
    Complain to Schwab.  Quicken can't fix this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• roger4man
    roger4man Member ✭✭
    Download info is correct and complete. Quicken changes security from correct one to unidentified during comparisons. Could it be that the large number of security symbols I have is too large to process properly during comparison operation?
  • billg
    billg Member
    having the same issue - I agree there is something on the quicken side that just started doing this.
  • roger4man
    roger4man Member ✭✭
    I first saw the problem after I archived my older transactions. Some option transactions enter correctly but the majority show As unidentified security even though the memo field shows the correct option security so I copy the memo field into the security field multiply shares by 100 and it enters correctly. IMO definitely a quicken problem.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have more securities than the 2000 capacity listed?
    And, renaming rules don't apply to investment accounts.  Q simply doesn't have the ability to change a security name, unless the CUSIP numbers are crossed up and you have inadvertently set Security A's CUSIP to that which actually belongs to Security B OR, if you've inadvertently linked Security A to an incorrect "online security"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• roger4man
    roger4man Member ✭✭
    I trade options. Every option symbol is unique to it's expiration date. I trade about 1500 options a year and have done for many years. I'd imagine I have between 15,000 to 20,000 securities in my accounts.
    Active securities at any time is about 600, all the rest are expired options.
    Quicken has no problem when I change the security name from "Unidentified Security" to the correct security name in the memo field. I do it every day. I find it puzzling that nowadays Quicken handles (downloads) about 10% of my option trades correctly into the investment registers and I have to correct the rest as described from the memo field.
This discussion has been closed.