Quicken Says There Are Transactions to Accept But I Do Not See Any

Quicken Says There Are Transactions to Accept But I Do Not See Any.....
Followed instructions as posted in https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-says-there-are-transactions-accept-i-do-not-see-any , Still have issues. Tried going into
Tools=>Online Center...shows transaction transactions downloaded but when I click in "Compare to Register..." nothing is shown in register. Cannot deactivate account because is says "downloaded transactions must first be accepted". Tried going back several backups when no issues were noticed, downloads transaction but again none are shown in account ledger, One again Quicken failing me.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    What did Quicken Support suggest when you contacted them as instructed?
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Its' Sunday, no answer. I suppose I will be given the usual three hour runaround tomorrow not getting any resolution from level one support.
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Just crested a "NEW" quicken file, downloaded my accounts, Online center shows 49 downloaded transactions, NONE listed in ledger.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Its' Sunday, no answer. I suppose I will be given the usual three hour runaround tomorrow not getting any resolution from level one support.
    What other of the instructions did you not follow yet?

For example, did you restore a backup saved before the issue appeared?
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Yes I did, restored from a week ago when all was accepted and reconciled. I also did a Validate and a super validate to no avail. I also created a NEW quicken file and added my accounts as new, downloaded multiple transactions in each account, m none showing up in ledger, this suggest it is not my file.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I did, restored from a week ago when all was accepted and reconciled. I also did a Validate and a super validate to no avail. I also created a NEW quicken file and added my accounts as new, downloaded multiple transactions in each account, m none showing up in ledger, this suggest it is not my file.
    I suggest you restore the good backup again and deactivate the Online Services for the problematic account.

Let us know what Quicken Support has to say when you contact them and provide them with the name of the financial institution and connection method you're using.
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Cannot deactivate, say's I must first accept downloaded transactions!!!!!. Cannot accept downloaded transaction b/c they're not in ledger!!!!!! I created a new quicken file and added some of my accounts, issue still exists with new file...hence not my file!!!!! I was a software developer for 35+ years, if we had 1/50th as many issues as I've experienced with Quicken we would have been shown the door. This is what happens when you offshore development. Poor QA.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Cannot deactivate, say's I must first accept downloaded transactions!!!!!. Cannot accept downloaded transaction b/c they're not in ledger!!!!!! I created a new quicken file and added some of my accounts, issue still exists with new file...hence not my file!!!!! I was a software developer for 35+ years, if we had 1/50th as many issues as I've experienced with Quicken we would have been shown the door. This is what happens when you offshore development. Poor QA.
    It sounds like you did not successfully restore a good backup saved before the condition occurred.

Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I attempted to delete the cloud account but was not able to, I followed the instructions Edit=>Preferences=>Quicken-ID & Cloud accounts but there are no accounts listed, see attached screen capture.
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Hi, I created a NEW file and added one account to it. Quicken downloaded 81 transactions but none are showing up to accept in ledger although they appear in online center. See attached captures
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Again there is no file name listed on cloud for this NEW account either, see attached
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    :/ Issue resolved, After 1 & 1/2 hours, 2 disconnected calls... ...Reinstalled Quicken.
  • Doug Kilgore
    Doug Kilgore Member
    I've had the same issue for 3 years. It has survived multiple Quicken upgrades and restores, and of the tricks regarding editing downloaded transactions and file validates as I could find on the forums. Nothing fixes it. Seems there is some kind of 'update' flag existing in the database that needs to be manually reset. The validate and repairs are not catching it.
This discussion has been closed.